Flight case, $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight case, $50

Yeah I know wrong area but it's a Stupid Deal of the Day and I want to make sure that anyone who is interested sees it:

Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.

They're $100 everywhere else. Look pretty solid. Everyone needs at least one "tank" for travel, right?

I'll post it in "Non J/C Talk" too. If that's annoying, sorry, but I know many of you (like me) have more axes than cases, and this seems like a decent one.

I'd wanna see proof of their claim of "flight case", namely their ATA certification. These days you can give any product a name that is also a misleading claim of value or quality.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc- Agreed. I dont' fly with axes anyway. But if it's got an aluminum frame it's tougher than anything else I currently have. Heck, even wood cases wrapped in pleather go for $40. At the very least the latches look "serious".

This is the cheapest "normal" hard case I could find- $10 cheaper for the pleather, but same price as the "flight case" for the tweed.

Get the guaranteed lowest prices, largest selection and free shipping on most Music Accessories at Musician's Friend.

Comment

I called MF and they said it's a ATA style case, and I should e-mail tech to find out for sure. My guess is that it isn't, and although it looks sturdy it may be turdy. A 50 turd is still a turd.

Comment

Hence the disclaimer "ATA style" case...not ATA certified. I don't fly with mine either, so to safely loaded in the trailer and take it to a gig, I'm sure it'll do the job, but for someone that is looking for a case for the airways, this prolly ain't gonna get it there safely.

Comment

I bought this one with one of my Agile guitars.
            it is really built like a m1 Abrahms tank.
            I know this one is good, but I have no idea about the MF one.
            I buy pretty much what I know about, so if I was ever in the need of another flight case, I'd get the Rondo CNB over anything else.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
              http://www.rondomusic.com/flightcases.html

I bought this one with one of my Agile guitars.
              it is really built like a m1 Abrahms tank.
              I know this one is good, but I have no idea about the MF one.
              I buy pretty much what I know about, so if I was ever in the need of another flight case, I'd get the Rondo CNB over anything else.
              +1

I got one of those as well, VERY solid. Never had experience with a "real" flight case though, so I can't really compare. But I would not hesitate to fly with my guitars in this case.

- Leo.

Comment

Working...
              X