Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the "world famous" HOG really world famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "world famous" HOG really world famous?

I live here in Rochester but a lot of places claim to be world famous ("World famous burgers!" etc etc), so I just wanted to confirm.

Do a lot of people really know about it? It is indeed a hot spot for bands/musicians and companies (ESPECIALLY Gibson.. I don't think they ever leave.)
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

I always walk out of there feeling the need for a really hot shower and some penicillin.
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Never heard of it.

Comment

I don't think anything in fucking Rochester is world famous unless your actually from Rochester.

For some reason, people from Rochester think they're the center of the fucking universe.

Present company excluded, of course...
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I don't think anything in fucking Rochester is world famous unless your actually from Rochester.

For some reason, people from Rochester think they're the center of the fucking universe.

Present company excluded, of course...
          Having moved here from Chicago, I can definitely say it is something that truly has to be experienced to understand...
          Last edited by stevieb91; 09-11-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: can't type for s#!t
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I've never heard of it and don't know anything about Rochester, NY. Years ago I was on a flight that had a stop before the final destination (Rochester). I noticed all of the preppy people stayed on the flight and continued on to Rochester. Seriously, I don't know anything about the place except for the name.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Harley Davidsons...

Those are the only world famous hogs that I know about other than Porky Pig and Miss Piggy.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

never heard of HOG,

world famous and Rochester... it's PSH

I'm talking about Philip Seymour Hoffman
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

A friend of mine used to live in Rochester. Whenever I visited him, HOG, Country Sweet's and Nick Tahoe's (by the bus station) were mandatory stops.

The place is very messy and the guitars are kept in display cases leaning against one another.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nick Tahoe's by the bus station closed, had issues with the city. Nick passed away and the kids took it over, and word on the street is that it has suffered significantly.

As for your description of the HOG, that's like the lookout on the Titanic saying there's an ice cube ahead. Last time I was in there, they had an acrylic case with all the USA Jacksons hanging in it locked up, and everything else was dinged, scratched, slammed, missing parts, it was awful to say the least.

Comment

Very familiar with the place.
                      If you are one of about five people in the area, you can get a great deal there.
                      Otherwise the only cool thing about it was the huge area way in the back that had every record in the universe. They would actually wheel and deal.
                      But the main store hasn't changed at all.

Comment

yep I've heard of it but grew up in western NY, I thought you were talking about 'hogzilla'
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

What are you talking about, exactly?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've heard of it, but only coz the Fox TV station we get here is from Rochester.

What's with the guy in the mask with the guitar in the commericals? CREEPY.
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                              I always walk out of there feeling the need for a really hot shower and some penicillin.
                              Yes. It's a dump. At least it was the last time I was there about 9 years ago.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X