Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the "world famous" HOG really world famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Very familiar with the place.
    If you are one of about five people in the area, you can get a great deal there.
    Otherwise the only cool thing about it was the huge area way in the back that had every record in the universe. They would actually wheel and deal.
    But the main store hasn't changed at all.

If you are talking about the Chesterfield Kings, they had a major falling out about 2 years ago, and sued the HOG. One of them has his own music store now and was involved in the Beatles Rock Band game.

Yes, the cd collection there is out of this world, but it will take you so long to look through the utter chaos that you had better write down what you were looking for because you will find so much other crap looking for it you will forget what you started looking for.
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      What are you talking about, exactly?
      I believe it's House Of Guitars. Something about it is supposed to be "world famous".

Unfortunately, "world famous" is available as a brand name and is not legally limited to truth in advertising for some reason, much like "world's finest" or "world's best" and such.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Only got to go there one time in the late 80's, and I thought it kicked ass!

Comment

I didn't know there was so much hate for Rochester, you ask a question and people flip out on you :think:

There are a lot of hardcore fags here though, not too much room for real metalheads like myself.. *sigh* I was just curious because I saw something about the House of Guitars in another post. (and just for reference the guitars are actually on stands in the cases not just on each other, although they are very close.)
          "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
            I didn't know there was so much hate for Rochester, you ask a question and people flip out on you :think:

There are a lot of hardcore fags here though, not too much room for real metalheads like myself.. *sigh* I was just curious because I saw something about the House of Guitars in another post. (and just for reference the guitars are actually on stands in the cases not just on each other, although they are very close.)
            Well, that must have changed then, because they were indeed stacked inside the display cases like books. Most of them were badly dented and scratched, especially on the back from leaning against the trem/bridge of the guitar behind them. They had a lot of older, unusual guitars that they most likely had since new that had never sold. I think I'll take a trip there in the near future just to see what it's like now.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Where do you get "hate" for Rochester out of this thread? Merely calling the HOG what it is... A crappy over rated hole it the wall with a reputation that greatly exceeds the sum of the whole. The place is a dive, dude, seriously...
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

There are a lot of hardcore fags here though, not too much room for real metalheads like myself..
                New sig line ....

There are a lot of hardcore fags here though, I was just curious ?
                Curious, erm ohh - yeah. curious

A tad sensitive?

And Hiya welcome on board ....
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Miss Piggy looks really hot in that pic! Mmmm, Piggy, oh yeah...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The man speaks the truth.
                    My contacts were deep in the Highland/Brighton area, really the Jewish community. I grew up way out in the sticks, Springwater/Wayland area. My best friend happened to be a transplant from that Brighton area at the south side of Pinnacle Peak, not sure of the name of the neighborhood.

They moved back there, I know they were close to Will Vail "Vail Real Estate", and I lived with them for a short while when I was looking for my own place. I found a duplex in Corn Hill, another major Gay hangout. I spent about zero time living in my own apartment for all the fags in the area. The others were Park Ave, East Ave, and up and down Monroe ave. Fuggen San Fransisco of the East.
                    Stick around Dewy, and Lyell, and Lake Ave, where things are dirty but straight.
                    "Cruisin up and down Lake Avenue, It's a piece of cake if you know what to do", memorialized by Lou Graham in a Foreigner tune.
                    I don't mind people of a different orientation, but these were the militant types. If you weren't a homo, they took it personally and would either pick a fight, or wait for you to give in. Odd fuggers.
                    My girl and I made the mistake of going to some late night coffe house after a night of drinking, that restaurant next to where the Channel 10 station is located...some very forward types hang out there, chicks going after my girl. She was just as freaked as I was. We busted out of that place quicker than a shot out of a shotgun.

Don't get me wrong-one of my favorite guys to hang out with was a homo-but certainly not part of that crowd, and a good source for knowing who was what. And he certainly wasn't into converting me to his side, just a good guy with a different persuasion, and faithful to his own.

So yes, it's true...Rochester is a haven for militant type homosexuals, the worst kind. Just stay away from those places.
                    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                      Where do you get "hate" for Rochester out of this thread? Merely calling the HOG what it is... A crappy over rated hole it the wall with a reputation that greatly exceeds the sum of the whole. The place is a dive, dude, seriously...
                      Actualy a cool hole in the wall was a place called Buzzo's, in Geneseo.
                      Not sure if it is still around.
                      But they were great people, and a very cool little store.

Comment

Cyg, you don't like us "jews" , why was it a "jewish" community any group of people is a community, maybe I'll move next door to you and prepare for "Rosh Hashanah", you and I could share in the "chalah", and stay up late. Fucktard
                        Last edited by Jayster; 09-12-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                          Cyg, you don't like us "jews" , why was it a "jewish" community any group of people is a community, maybe I'll move next door to you and prepare for "Rosh Hashanah", you and I could share in the "chalah", and stay up late. Fucktard
                          Guess that was totally misinterpreted!

No, Jay...just identifying the nature of that particular neighborhood. Those people around there were my best friends, for many years. Not dissing them or their friends at all.
                          I apologize that you misunderstood my posting.

Rochester...much like Buffalo, is a mix of ethnic neighborhoods...Polish, Italian, Greeks, etc tend to stay around the same places through generations.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            I believe it's House Of Guitars. Something about it is supposed to be "world famous".

Unfortunately, "world famous" is available as a brand name and is not legally limited to truth in advertising for some reason, much like "world's finest" or "world's best" and such.
                            AFAIK that's because they (as in courts/lawmakers) assume people to have enough braincells to not believe everything they hear in advertisements...we all know how that turns out!

Never heard of HOG, in fact I thought this thread was going to be about some monstrously large wild swine that was caught/shot or captured.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                              Never heard of HOG, in fact I thought this thread was going to be about some monstrously large wild swine that was caught/shot or captured.
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

Yeah that's the one I was thinking about!!
                                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X