The Big Four Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Four Tour

I've been reading a lot of reports on Blabbermouth.net about a possible "Big Four" Tour happening again. The Big Four being, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax. If it were to happen, I think it would be really cool but how much do you think a ticket would cost if it really does come to light? I mean, scalpers would have a field day scooping up tickets and hiking up the price. Prices of a ticket to see Van Halen or Metallica on recent tours have been pretty expensive.

Who cares? Suck it up and lay down the bread.

For a show like that, I wouldn't think $200 - $250 per ticket would be outrageous. Hell, I'm going to spend twice that on beer and merch once I get rolling... and I can use the Anthrax show to go to the bathroom.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

This might have been a great concert 20 years ago...

Comment

"This might have been a great concert 20 years ago... "

It was! ...well, with AIC instead of Metallica. If it comes anywhere near me, and tix are reasonable, I'll be there!

Comment

Yeah I heard about this on the radio. I think I'll just catch megadeth when they tour alone. Metallica sucks these days, anthrax has john bush back, and slayer ain't to great live either
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Same in the uk , only with Testament and Suicidal , instead of Anthrax and AIC...

funny thing is that is this tour goes ahead, I would expect it will be in stadiums, remove Metallica and it could almost be a club tour

Comment

http://cincinnati.metromix.com/music...464569/content
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, that would be a great tour if they took Anthrax out and replaced them with Testament. Anthrax jumped the shark many moons ago. Needless to say, I'd still go and see this.

I think this would mean no Gigantour then?

Comment

I'd rather just see Slayer and Megadeth out of those bands. Unless the DeLorean was working and I could go back to '86 and they were all playing together.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                    I think this would mean no Gigantour then?
                    In the new issue of Guitar Player, Dave said he's working with another band he can't name yet, and it may or may not be called Gigantour.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
                      "This might have been a great concert 20 years ago... "

It was! ...well, with AIC instead of Metallica. If it comes anywhere near me, and tix are reasonable, I'll be there!
                      It's probably a toss up as to who I've seen more, Metallica (up to the Black Album) or Maiden.

All I know is that right now, I'd do anything to see Maiden again.

Metallica, meh. What a waste. Some of the best concerts I've went to were Metallica. The forum during the AJFA tour, when all the seat cusions went flying. Damn I laughed my ass off watching all of those flying seat cusions. Irvine Meadows was great during the sunset.

Good times.
                      Last edited by DonP; 09-17-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                        Same in the uk , only with Testament and Suicidal , instead of Anthrax and AIC...

funny thing is that is this tour goes ahead, I would expect it will be in stadiums, remove Metallica and it could almost be a club tour

Exactly, I can't see it happening. Metallica would make sure no one upstaged them by limiting the size of PA, stage etc that the other bands could use.

And they'd probably still get blown off the stage.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X