Highlighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlighter

I have a black glossy guitar and I need to write something on it with a white highlighter. Can anyone recommend a good highlighter for that purpose? And after writing on my guitar, should I cover that spot with a new layer of lac or is it better to cover the whole side with new lac?

You can use a Sharpie. The finish is likely polyurethane and lacquer won't stick to it without sanding it. So, really you'd need to scuff the whole guitar really well with 1000-grit and then write on it and then clear it. Or, you could just re-do the sharpie stuff when it wears off, but without rubbing alcohol Sharpie stays on a guitar pretty well.

Comment

I was going to say a Sharpie as well, but

1) Do they make one in white?

2) How is white going to look on top of black? You will need to get the white on pretty thick or it will just look grey.

Comment

What about a white paint pen? You can get them at most hobby shops or even at Wal-Mart in the arts and crafts aisles.

Comment

Create a stencil and spray it on in white.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

They make white sharpies. A paint pen or stencil will work best.. Either use a clear coat or decal set to make it permanent.

Comment

What's wrong with a silver or gold paint pen? Those would be your best bet, but depending on where it's written would determine if you need to put a clear coat on it. If it's for an autograph, get it done where it's not going to be touched, horn, point, etc.

What are you doing anyway?
              Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I'd say cover the area in something like a window decal. That way you can peel it off if you wish at a later date and put it on another guitar or in a scrapbook if it's an autograph.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X