Wrecked the Durango :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked the Durango :(

This past Monday, I was on the way to pick up the baby and a lady pulled out of a driveway and hit me. My truck ( yes, Ron, the Durango is a SUV and listed as a station wagon, but, in my opinion anything that big and 4 wheel drive is still a freaking truck!!) did a 90 degree right turn and slammed into a parked car.

The good news is that I didn't have the baby with me and the rest is sheet metal and plastic.

I didn't think the damage was that bad, but, the insurance is considering it a total loss. I owe 12,800 on it, they want to give me 11,100. I am not settling as this is not my fault for 2 reasons: 1: I had positive equity in my truck until the gas crunch hit and bottomed the market out and 2: Its not my fault my truck was totalled. Someone else caused this.

I went to the chiropractor as my back was sore the next day and has gotten progressively worse than better. I am drinking Beam and Coke( surprise !! ) and popping Darvocets ( spelling? ) like crazy.

Waiting for a final offer from the insurance company, but, I think an attorney is going to have to get invloved. Since my wreck went public record, I have received about 10 phone calls from attornies and chiropractors and about 30 pieces of mail as well.

So now the Darvs and booze are kicking in, I am trying to talk the wife into a Softie ( that is where you eat a muscle relaxer, can't get it up, and get a blowjob......Fuck I love those!!!! )

Don't know what vehicle to get next...... looking at a GMC Yukon Denalli or a Dodge Charge R/T Daytona Edition....I found one in lime green I like.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Wow. No good! Luckily, you are alright. Don't let the insurance company fuck you over.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Find a lawyer you trust and get after them. Not your fault. Glad it wasn't far worse. I'm not Captain Sue Everyone but you ending upside down on this? Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
        Find a lawyer you trust and get after them. Not your fault. Glad it wasn't far worse. I'm not Captain Sue Everyone but you ending upside down on this? Fuck that.
        If you can't get insurance to pay more, you might have to eat the differrence. Lawyers don't work for free. At least, trucks are alot cheaper to buy into now.

Comment

Glad you're not worse...I wasn't gonna say anything about that Durango there, Lou, I agree it's a truck. But I do have a couple pieces of advice for ya:

- Stay away from Chryslers. They don't hold their value (as you're finding out) and rather suck

- I advise not mixing alcohol with prescription meds.

- Dr. Ron
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Glad you're mostly OK

On your new vehicle get GAP insurance..pays off on a total loss.

I'd go with the GMC

Comment

You have to be careful with GAP insurance. It doesn't work with every company the same way. I checked with one company and the GAP only covered the vehcile up to 2 years old and another up to 4 years old. Depends on the insurer.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've watched enough People's Court on my lunch breaks to know that the law says that you should be made whole again, in the same condition you were before the accident.

It sounds like a lawer might be needed, but watch out for the charges and that they don't rob you blind.

Comment

I am really freaking sore today. Its right below my shoulder blades in the center of my back. My wife has tried to massage on it lightly to help, but, it doesn't......and sometimes it hurts for her just to touch it. Sleep has sucked as I am a tosser and turner.....and everytime I move it brings me up out of a sleep.-Lou

Comment

Lou,

I am a huge fan of chiropractics(more 'clearly' orthopspinologists. I spent several years living thru pain after an accident. Within a months time I felt better than I had in years, not all insurance covers these guys - but well worth it in my opinion.

As far as your problem, are we to assume it only occured after the accident? If that's the case(I don't think any shop will cover this(good luck) under a worksmanship issue. If it's possible, I'd prolly try to RTV route(giving it enough time to properly cure.

Keep us posted, and although Ron is prolly right. I too like to mix my Xanies with liquor, it seems to make things 'easier'.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Cheers,
                    Jay

EDIT* It's somewhat normal for the pain to be increased for several days after an incident, sorry(I'm not trying to sound like a douche, just the facts sir)
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Yeah, I never had any back problems until now with the exception of an occasional pulled muscle...hell everyone gets those. This is definately different than that. Can't stand to sit in one position for very long. Picking up the baby makes me hold by breath and grit my teeth.-Lou

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                        Picking up the baby makes me hold by breath and grit my teeth.-Lou
                        Time to change the diapers, then! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah Ron, you must know him...he is full of shit!!-Lou

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Time to change the diapers, then!
                            "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

louis, Louis, Louis, I'm sorry about this. Hope things work out for you.
                              Darvons and Darvocets will keep you awake, but it should be a comfortable awake
                              from what I remember with those things. Please be careful with the booze with those things dude.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X