X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unruly Child reunion with MARCIE FREE

From this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTXnUViLodk

To this! King Kobra fans unite! (well not quite, but...Unruly Child)

UNRULY CHILD RETURNS FROM THE WILDERNESS:
    The cat is out of the bag! A little earlier than was anticipated, but Marcie Free has come forward to announce that Unruly Child will return! Yes, Bruce Gowdy, Jay Schellan, Guy Allison and of course Marcie, will record a brand new studio album for Frontiers Records, to be released in 2010.
    In a video message to fans, Marcie has shown her signing the new contract, viewable here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=63575703

And a text message posted reads: "To the best fans in the whole world. I'm just here to announce that it's official. Unruly Child has signed with Frontiers Records. All the original members have agreed to come together for another record. We're excited and wanted you to know. I made a video to commemorate the signing today September 26, 2009. It's in my videos if you'd like to see it. Hope to see all of you soon. Keep on Rockin!! Love, Marcie. xooxooxoxo."

I know this announcement brings forward as many questions as it does answers, so let me answer the biggest one. Yes, Mark Free had a sex change several years ago - most are well aware of this and have shown Marcie a great deal of respect for the courageous move. A Feature Interview with Marcie by myself can be read here:

www.melodicrock.com/interviews/marciefree.html

The next question is the voice - can Marcie still sing? Of course! You better believe it! I have been in constant contact with Marcie over the last 2 years and as recently as a few months back heard some vocal work that proves that Marcie has lost none of the magic and the voice is as strong and vibrant as ever! Despite the sex change, Marcie's voice remains exactly as we all remember Mark Free's incredible voice was in its prime. So there is plenty to look forward to with this announcement. Stay tuned for further updates soon.

I saw King Kobra open for Kiss on Easter Sunday in 1986. I spent the majority of the Kiss show talking with the guys from KK. They were all cool as hell, and Marcie's vocals were awesome. Glad to hear she is doing something musical related again.
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
    X