Fools Faith Gig Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools Faith Gig Alert

My band is playing a quicky this Friday night Oct. 2nd at Toads Place in New Haven, CT. We are doing a WHOPPER of a 30 minute set between 9:00pm and 9:30. This will be officially the shortest set I have ever played.
    According to Toads Place, the other bands have played there before and to be fair we have to go on first even though combined we have played Toads about 5 times through out the years under different bands.
    Our plan is to absolutely wreck the other 2 opening acts. We are opening for The Nerds which ironically request our lead singer to come up and do some songs at almost every one of their local gigs. They are a very well established popular cover act. Hopefully.. this excersise will get us another gig there that will be a decent time and amount of time.
    If any of you can make it let me know. I have about 2000 1/2 price passes to give out. I think I gave out 10 so far. Its tough to get people to travel to New Haven on a Friday night for our set from 9:00 to 9:30.
    Its an all ages show btw.... WOOT.....

Kick ass bro!! Wish I was a thousand miles closer LOL

Comment

Well??? How did it go??
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Well??? How did it go??
        Still got a few hours before showtime, I think...
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Dont you play in a dream theator type band. How many songs are you going to get in.....2
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

lol how true... prog metal is tasty stuff though

Comment

Well??? How did it go??

Comment

The gig went great. When we went on at 9:00 sharp there was about 300 people in the club. We got in 7 songs (we had to pick our shortest ones). We had a surprise guest singer jump up and do Bring Me to Life by Evenesence. She is a local Karaoke champ and we have never rehearsed with her although we did rehearse the song without her. She nailed it and the crowd went crazy. We had screams for 5 minutes after we were done for encores but that ain't gonna happen at Toads. Hopefully... we will get a better time slot and more time next gig. They told me its all about how many people you bring (they have passes we had to hand out). They told me that we couldn't hand out the passes within 300 yards of the club and I found out how the other bands got around that. They just "accidently" dropped passes on the sidewalk outside the club and when college kids came they would see them on the sidewalk and pick them up. They are 1/2 price to get in passes.
                Overall.. the club ended up being packed to capacity with a line to get in. I guess thats over 1000 people. We killed. All the bouncers told us we should be headliners or at least directly opening for national acts like The Steve Morse Band or New Found Glory. I need to call the booking agent on Monday. I have a feeling its all about how many people we brought so its probably not going to go well. We probably only brought 40 people tops but what do you expect on a Friday night at 9:00 for a 30 minute set. Most of our fans would have to travel for over an hour to get there.
                The Randall RM100 KILLED again. What an incredibly awesome amp.

Comment

cool, congratulations. I understand the business side of it and the amount of people you actually bring in but crowd reaction has a lot of to do with it as well...if they dig ya they'll return when they know Fools Faith is on the marquee. keep em happy and keep em buyng drinks
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Any video? Cool about that girl popping up to sing BMTL!

Comment

Working...
                    X