New Alice in Chains - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alice in Chains - any good?

I searched and, surprisingly, didn't find any threads about the new AIC album. I've heard the single on the radio but didn't realize the album came out a month ago -lol. I'm a big AIC fan, so I'm a little scared of a let-down, but wanted to hear what JCF'ers think about it.

Arggh, I can't change the poll. I'm asking a couple things, do you like it, would you buy it again, recommend it, etc.? But feel free to post comments/feelings about the album in addition to voting, I'm curious what the consensus is on it.
    Yes
    78.05%
    No
    21.95%
    Last edited by jwoods986; 10-28-2009, 02:41 PM.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

I like what i have heard
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's not the best album ever, but it's solid and sounds just like Alice in Chains should. If you like any of their previous work, you will like this one.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Liked the single, bought the album, no regrets.

Comment

I got it last weekend and it hasn't left my car stereo yet. Took a work trip yesterday and had a chance to REALLY listen and I like it alot. I don't think they could have come closer to classic AIC without Layne Staley than they did.

In the end it's all a matter of personal opinion and taste, but it certainly has my personal seal of approval.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I haven´t bought it yet, but I plan to, I like what I´ve heard so far.

But right now the new Dethklok is still going pretty strong...

Comment

bought it, like it, would buy it again
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I like it. It's good. It's not Dirt, but it has some good songs on it. Definitely worth buying.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Loveit...sounds creepily like Layne singing!

Comment

It's not too bad, but it's a little booring to me...There is nothing like Man in the box or Would on it, but it's ok...I think the problem is soo many bands copied alot from them that now that they put something new out it just dosn't sound that unique...Plus Layne is gone.The new guy is ok, but Layne was one of a kind...
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I think it's great but I'd like to hear the new guy lay it down a little bit more. It sounds almost like a Jerry Cantrell album, not that there's anything wrong with that by any means.

Comment

I'm a huge AIC fan, and I'm digging it. Lots of Jerry on it, but overall it's what you'd expect from an AIC album. My band is already covering Check My Brain as part of an AIC two-fer with Rooster.
                        Greg

'86 Model 1
                        '87 Model 2
                        '88 Model 3A
                        '88 Model 3DR
                        '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Before listening to Cantrell's stuff I didn't realize how much of AIC he was. Will have to check out the new one.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I have probably listened to the entire thing 40 times in the past week. I think it is the best new CD in a LONG time, from anyone. "Check My Brain" is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                              I have probably listened to the entire thing 40 times in the past week. I think it is the best new CD in a LONG time, from anyone. "Check My Brain" is the bomb.
                              Agreed but that's not really saying much when you look what has come out in the recent past. Chickenfoot, Heaven and Hell, both dissapointing garbage.
                              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Working...
                              X