Dammit, I'm sick again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, I'm sick again.

I guess I can't complain, since it's been a while since I had a cold, but it still sucks. My head is pounding, and I think someone came in my room while I was sleeping, and filled my sinus cavities with cement.

It's 3:30am, and I can't sleep.

Oh well, I'm definitely not going to work today.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

same here, I fucking hate fall, I'm always sick and very tired this time of the year
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I am just getting over this. It started on Sunday combined with a chest cold. By Monday I could not smell or taste anything and coughing my ass off. Normally I just go to the doctor and get amox for sinusitis, but I just got over it 2 months ago and didn't want to use antibiotics again.

My brother (an RN) sugested I irigate the sinuses with a mixture of 16oz distilled water, 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp baking soda. Mix the solution up. Using a 3oz bulb syringe, lean over the sink and blast that stuff up each nostril tilting your head so it runs out the other nostril. Repeat 3 or 4 times for each nostril 3 times a day. The sinuses will start to clear up.

Sure, it feels a little weird shooting saline solution into your sinuses, but today, I am feeling much better.

[edit] I am using Robitussen for the cough. Nice loogies coming up. LOL
      Last edited by StukaJU87; 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You people are all sick.

Get it? Sick?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          I think someone came in my room while I was sleeping, and filled my sinus cavities with cement.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If so, you too are sick, just like me.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
            I am just getting over this. It started on Sunday combined with a chest cold. By Monday I could not smell or taste anything and coughing my ass off. Normally I just go to the doctor and get amox for sinusitis, but I just got over it 2 months ago and didn't want to use antibiotics again.

My brother (an RN) sugested I irigate the sinuses with a mixture of 16oz distilled water, 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp baking soda. Mix the solution up. Using a 3oz bulb syringe, lean over the sink and blast that stuff up each nostril tilting your head so it runs out the other nostril. Repeat 3 or 4 times for each nostril 3 times a day. The sinuses will start to clear up.

Sure, it feels a little weird shooting saline solution into your sinuses, but today, I am feeling much better.

[edit] I am using Robitussen for the cough. Nice loogies coming up. LOL
            My ex GF had major sinus issues (as do I). She swore by something called a neti pot?? Same thing - irrigates the sinuses.. I may have to try that as I have been having sinus and ear issues since Sept...

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If so, you too are sick, just like me.

Dirties mind on this forum!

Comment

Hope you guys get better...my dam,n shoulder went out, for no reason...cant raise my right arm at all. Was just getting a good hold on playing Jake E's rock&roll rebel too. now i just sit on my ass looking at my axes. hopefully next week...
                Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                  My ex GF had major sinus issues (as do I). She swore by something called a neti pot?? Same thing - irrigates the sinuses.. I may have to try that as I have been having sinus and ear issues since Sept...
                  The neti pot will work, but the bulb syringe blasts the mixture up in there and helps get the mucus out better than a neti pot. Give it a try, bro. I was skeptical too, but I figured if it didn't work I'd just go to the doctor and get a prescription. Saved me the copays. Oh...and warm the water up a little. Seemed to work better than the cold water.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    I guess I can't complain, since it's been a while since I had a cold, but it still sucks. My head is pounding, and I think someone came in my room while I was sleeping, and filled my sinus cavities with cement.

It's 3:30am, and I can't sleep.

Oh well, I'm definitely not going to work today.
                    Hey, I used to have people do that to me only it wasn't cement. I used to pay through the teeth to feel like that everyday-lol
                    Hope you all feel better.
                    Endrik, you sounded all congested and slow on the phone yesterday. Then again, you're slow everyday
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      Endrik, you sounded all congested and slow on the phone yesterday. Then again, you're slow everyday
                      I know, I have the slowest and stupidest voice... I can only imagine how I sound when I'm sick. Poor Bill, he had to listen to it for two hours today
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        Poor Bill, he had to listen to it for two hours today
                        How's he doing?

More than 20% of my school is sick right now. Then again, there's a huge H1N1 scare here so everyone's paranoid.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                          How's he doing?
                          He's doing ok, he has been playing a lot of guitar, lost a lot of weight, eats tons of garlic which made him have constant wood so he walks around like a 13 year old... you know stuff like that

Comment

Terrible that. You can't get rid of the boner because no-one will come near you if you stink of garlic.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              He's doing ok, he has been playing a lot of guitar, lost a lot of weight, eats tons of garlic which made him have constant wood so he walks around like a 13 year old... you know stuff like that
                              That's good. It sounds like things are turning around for him after all that crap he had to deal with a while back with his brother and all that.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                              X