Breeders Cup weekend!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders Cup weekend!!!

The best horses in the world are racing all in the same day at Santa Anita saturday and of course yours truly is going. A close friend I grew up with in new york owns a horse that's running in the 7th race called "Ready Echo"
    he's 20-1. I'm all over it.
    I love the track, and Breeders Cup day is better than the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes in my opinion.
    A Yankee win, Breeders Cup on Sat., I can't take much more.
    By the way, my friend who owns the horse is a guy who went from throwing a roast beef sandwich on the hood of the display Buick at Belmont to owning a Breeders Cup starter. How's that for achievement???
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

I fukkin' won money today!!!!
    It feels so good to walk out of there with more than you went in with.
    My pals horse came in 2nd. I bet $50.00 across the board on him and he placed for me at 24-1. Won the 3rd race, lost the 4th, 5th, and 6th races, won the 7th and 8th, and gutterballed on the 9th. I love the track, nobody asks you about work there, how it's going, the economy, if you have any goals, etc. just a bunch of buzzards handicapping. It's a wonderful joint.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      I love the track, nobody asks you about work there, how it's going, the economy, if you have any goals, etc. just a bunch of buzzards handicapping. It's a wonderful joint.
      replace horses with cars and you'll get all that stupid shit
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Congrats Tommy !!! That had to be a decent payout for you.

Comment

it was a great payout. i should have walked after it but there were the 8th and 9th
          still to come, and you just can't leave. I hit an exacta in the 8th but they were chalk horses (favorites) so it didn't pay much and then i let it rip on the 9th and that ate into my winnings. house money at least. left there up just shy of 400.00 in the end, and i got be a headache to people all day. wish i could do this for a job.

Comment

They used to give the results here from Fairmont park on the news. I thought it was cool. I guess it's not newsworthy now that they make up their own news.
            $400.00 is a good day in my book. Glad you got to be a drummer (headache) for a day!

Comment

Working...
            X