JCF Get togethers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Get togethers

Alright, here's a horrible idea that won't end well if it happens (lol)

I was looking through the old timers thread and there was at least one photo of a group of JCF folks together.

I was just curious if anyone holds any sort of JCF get together's? I know we are all spread out all over the world (literally) but it might be a cool thing to try and plan. Be at this state in this city on these dates, bring a guitar and leave your liver at home.

There's plenty of time to plan something for next year, or the year after depending on how massive the undertaking might be.

I'm going to guess it would be far more trouble then anyone would want to go through to make happen, but who knows there may be some sort of S&M Project manager out there in JCF land who's just looking for a new creative migraine
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

NAMM is probably the best place for a get together. Seems like there are many of us out there. I think this year there are a few of us that are suppose to get the shit kicked out of us by some punk. Can't wait.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I seem to recall something about a ban on meet-ups, or something - maybe that was another forum...

I've been meaning to throw out a NY Metro area invite for a while now, but I'm a procrastinator at heart, so...

I'd be happy to try and organize a NY Metro area meet-up. Obviously, since I don't have a house, it would have to be at an alternative location. One idea I was kicking around was looking into booking rehearsal studio time for a get together - there's a few places that charge a couple hundred for a few hours. One problem there is the logistics of guys lugging some gear into the city, then having to lug the gear all over the place if we wanted to get a drink or a lap dance.

Anywho - check in here if NY, NJ, CT folks want to hang and I'll see about setting something up.

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      NAMM is probably the best place for a get together. Seems like there are many of us out there. I think this year there are a few of us that are suppose to get the shit kicked out of us by some punk. Can't wait.
      If someone hooked me up with a pass, I'd be there to join in on the ass-kicker-y.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I'm definitely out, I don't play nice with people, it would get out of hand.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

We had one here in Minnesoata a few years ago. I know I will miss a lot of names, but Frosty, Shredmonster, Inazone, Thor von Clemson among others showed up.

It was a lot of fun. We rented a VFW for the afternoon and wailed away for a few hours.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

We had one here in NJ a few years back at Ivan's house (Robotechnology). It was fun.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I keep on asking AtomicTommy, but no response. C'mon, I took a shower!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X