Xbox or PS3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
    Forza 3 is way better from what I've seen of GT5. Not to mention I already can (and do) play Forza while GT5 doesn't even have a concrete release date.
    That shit ain't never coming out.

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
    So, I checked on online stores and I saw that there is a 120gb and 250gb version? Does the size of the HD really matter on a game console? And except adding a second controler, do I need to buy any other accessories???
    If your going to download music, movies and games - get the biggest drive you can. Keep in mind you can always stick in any hard drive you buy aftermarket as well.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

That's another bonus of the ps3 - 360 60gb add-on drive is $100! that's robbery
      ms spends too much time worrying about hackers cheating in halo, so we're screwed out of using our own external drives because someone might cheat

omfg
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        That's another bonus of the ps3 - 360 60gb add-on drive is $100! that's robbery
        ms spends too much time worrying about hackers cheating in halo, so we're screwed out of using our own external drives because someone might cheat

omfg
        They're cutting 60 gig drives out. Now it's either the Arcade version without a hard drive or the Elite with a 120 gig. They lowered the price of the Elite to what the Pro version with a 60 gig drive used to be.

A 120 gig would suffice perfectly for any game-related stuff. Heck, I'm doing fine with a 20 gig. I don't need to store music or movies on my Xbox because I can just get them from my laptop over our wireless network. I have instant access to all my music and I don't have to connect a thing to my Xbox. I believe you can do a similar thing on the PS3 so really, all you need a bigger hard drive for is if you want to install your games to the drive.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Did anyone mention that the PS3 is also a great blue-ray player? 'Cause it is!

Comment

the 360.

good online play, good games.
            and there not all that realiable, but i have had no issues with mine and have a 3 year warranty from the store i bought it from.

But if they watch alot of blu-ray than go w/ps3

but id stick to the 360.
            yermsayin?

Comment

I have both.

I love both.

There are very few exclusive titles out these days which means most major releases are coming out for both systems. I slightly prefer the 360 controller for comfort. The caveat being that I have big hands. (some would say brick like )

So I would would say look at exclusives and see if there is a game/franchise that is more appealing to your kids. (ie Halo or Forza vs Ratchet and Clank or God of War)

If you want a system for watching movies and/or high def content (Blu-Ray) then at this point your only real choice is the PS/3. I have a small library of HD-DVD movies and the player for the 360. I loved the format and how well it integrated into the 360 but there are no new releases coming out. Ever. It's a dead format and will be remembered alongside Betamax. I know the 360 has downloadable HD movies, but they are still not up to the same quality level of a Blu-Ray of the same movie. It's kind of slightly upgraded DVD quality.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help. PS3 and a few games ordered!
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                X