Youtube question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube question

We've all gone onto youtube and listened to songs/ watched videos right? It's all for free with seemingly no reprocussions to the folks that post such music/videos.

So with that info in mind, say someone found a way to record any music that he wants off of youtube and then add it to his Ipod.

Is that action illegal?

All of this is PURELY HYPOTHETICAL!!!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
    We've all gone onto youtube and listened to songs/ watched videos right? It's all for free with seemingly no reprocussions to the folks that post such music/videos.

So with that info in mind, say someone found a way to record any music that he wants off of youtube and then add it to his Ipod.

Is that action illegal?

All of this is PURELY HYPOTHETICAL!!!!
    I know for a fact that there is a way. A buddy of mine got me a few things from there. How he did it, I don't know, but it can be done.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Is it legal? No, not if the material is copyrighted. Is it easy to do? Yes.

Comment

Please tell me you didn't buy a program that does this? It can be done with the Windows Sound Recorder that comes with Windows. All you need then is one of the many free editing apps or file converters out there to convert it to iPud format, or you can record and edit it all in one app, usually for free.

But yeah, if it was illegal to upload (copyright violation) then it's illegal to record.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Write Keepvid into google (or download youtube)
          Download the file and then search for a video to mp3 program...and here you go...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
          X