Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams with music in them

Sup?

OK, so I wake up,but I dont want to get out of bed yet, so I lay there and doze back off a little and start dreaming, which is normal I suppose(R.E.M. sleep and all) for me anyway, as its almost guaranteed If I do not get up, especially if I have the "just 5 more minutes" syndrome when I got to go to work. Anyway, so I'm dreaming of my old neighborhood that I grew up in,,and I come up to my old house and my key works so I go in. Nobody is at home, but I know I don't live here anymore, so I walk out. As I'm starting out the door the music starts to fade in, by the time I'm about a house away on the sidewalk the music is about as loud as if I were wearing headphones.

The song is most definitely Overkill,,well, it's Bobby Ellsworth singing and had a fast chunky typical Overkill sound going on, so I say it was Overkill, and not "The Cursed" side project... anyway,,The main theme of the chorus of the song was the words "Death Dealer". The riffs are faded now but as soon as I got up I came to the computer and started looking it up,,and I cant find shit. I cannot recall any Overkill song with these lyrics,,and It was such a bad ass tune in the dream.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

It would be bitchin if this was a real tune, as I would love to have it, but I started to wonder if I might have gotten a glimpse of one of those songs in my head I haven't wrote yet:think: as it wasn't,,,,beyond,,,how I write,,but these riffs were just SICK,,and in my eyes, I haven't written nothing as bad ass as this tune......of which I cant remember the riffs to play them on my guitar as it was fading away the moment I jumped out of bed

I did see that Overkill is about to relese a new disk in 2010 called "Ironbound", and track 9 is -"Killing for a Living". Now, if that turns out to be my dream song I'm gonna shit bricks

Anyone?

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Worchestershire sauce causes me to have dreams like that - a few weeks ago I dreamt I was watching Motley Crue playing in the street (a video perhaps?). The song kicked ass. Can't remember the words or the riffs, but it was the best I'd heard from them since SATD.

And they were using Charvel USA Production Models - Nikki had a Charvel P-bass.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I often have dreams in which I hear THE Riff of Doom, the most amazing catchy riff of all time. So many times I've woken up humming it to try to remember it later, but fuck it, it always disappears.

I've also had the most excellent idea for a movie screenplay, when I woke up I could remember it, and it still seemed fucking brilliant. As the days went on I realised it was shite, not a good story, just no sense to it at all.

Eeeh, the brain, it's a bizarre thing.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Dreams with music, yep!
        They piss me off tho, cuz' they overshadow my ability(or perhaps as I'm trying to work them out from my memory, my hazy sleep induced virtuosity is fading).<I'm going with this one>

Sometimes I also dream about my 8th grade french teacher ....
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I would like to hear anything in my dreams, let alone music. That's cool.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            I often have dreams in which I hear THE Riff of Doom, the most amazing catchy riff of all time. So many times I've woken up humming it to try to remember it later, but fuck it, it always disappears.

I've also had the most excellent idea for a movie screenplay, when I woke up I could remember it, and it still seemed fucking brilliant. As the days went on I realised it was shite, not a good story, just no sense to it at all.

Eeeh, the brain, it's a bizarre thing.
            And this is a problem how? Stanley Kubrick made a mint off stuff like that

Then there's all those French Films and Sundance Film Festival winners.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I remember a few dreams where I was watching other musicians and was completely in awe of their skill and composing and felt insecure because of it......then I wake up and realize that was all in my head so I was actually the one creating the music I thought was impossible. I'm a terrible songwriter/composer IRL so it's a little frustrating. There must be some creative level in my head that I can't reach when conscious.

Comment

And as you say you can't reach it, you won't reach it.

[yoda]Believe you must, in yourself.[/yoda]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  I remember a few dreams where I was watching other musicians and was completely in awe of their skill and composing and felt insecure because of it......then I wake up and realize that was all in my head so I was actually the one creating the music I thought was impossible. I'm a terrible songwriter/composer IRL so it's a little frustrating. There must be some creative level in my head that I can't reach when conscious.
                  Dream is a powerful tool, some of the greatest ideas in the history of art have came from dreams. Perhaps you should read some works by Carl Jung so that you would capture the ideas that you see and hear in your dreams.
                  Many Fellini's masterpieces are based on his dreams, he used some Jungian methods and started to draw all his ideas on the paper after he saw 'em.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Many times I've dreamt I was onstage again, in a studio, or just jamming at a party - and the most incredible riffs and licks come out... sometimes I "split" in my head while this is happening and think - dude - this is a dream - but remember how effortless it feels to play this and try to remember some of it cuz it kicks all sorts of ass!

unfortunately, when i wake, I usually forget the riff, and my playing skills diminish to "real world" level! lol

Comment

I lie awake and dread the lonely nights
                      I'm not alone, I wonder if these heavy eyes can face the unknown
                      When I close my eyes, I realize you'll come my way
                      I'm standing in the night alone forever together, oh

We're the dream warriors, don't wanna dream no more
                      We're the dream warriors and maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone

I feel the touch comin' over me
                      I can't explain, I hear the voices callin' out, callin' my name
                      It's the same desire to feel the fire that's comin' your way
                      I'm standing in the night alone forever together, oh

We're the dream warriors, don't wanna dream no more
                      We're the dream warriors, maybe tonight you'll be gone
                      We're the dream warriors, ain't gonna dream no more
                      (Dream warriors)
                      And maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone

Sweet revenge, the bitter end this time
                      Break the spell of illusion bound together waiting for you

Dream warriors, don't wanna dream no more
                      We're the dream warriors, maybe tonight you'll be gone
                      We're the dream warriors, ain't gonna dream no more
                      (Dream warriors)
                      We're the dream warriors and maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone
                      (Dream warriors)

(Dream warriors)
                      Maybe tonight you'll be gone
                      (Dream warriors)
                      Forever
                      (Dream warriors)
                      Maybe tonight you'll be gone
                      (Dream warriors)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X