Doc Ellis LSD no hitter 1970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Ellis LSD no hitter 1970

I thought this was a very interesting/ funny animation narrated by Doc Ellis himself on the accounts of the fateful day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

Fantastic- thanks for that. Sadly he passed last year, from liver failure.... but truly funny hearing him discuss it so openly.

Comment

I saw that a couple weeks ago. It really is pretty good. It also gives a little peek into how prevalent amphetamines were in baseball. Tons of those guys were tweaking like crazy, going back to the '50s. It makes some of the the stuff the "purists" say these days a load of hypocritical BS, imo.

Comment

No matter what kind of pitcher he was, he's a born storyteller.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Another proof of the greatness of LSD.
          Without acid we wouldn't have all the good records.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

yesterdays news, but it is still the greatest feat in sports history as far as I'm concerned. if any of of you have taken acid you know what I mean.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
              if any of of you have taken acid you know what I mean.
              A-la 4-way windowpane ....... good God - what we did to ourselves back in the day!
              You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
              You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
              --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
              --horns666 - 12/29/08
              I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
              --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

That was great!
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  yesterdays news, but it is still the greatest feat in sports history as far as I'm concerned. if any of of you have taken acid you know what I mean.

I did play hockey on mesc once ...never again. Made me pretty aggressive and somewhat speedier than normal. But talk about scatterbrained....it seemed I lost all my hockey sense or brains. My teammates noticed something was up because I was playing stupid. I told them dont pass me the puck anymore, your not gonna see the normal Lutz tonight, I'm trippin, I'll be the wild ass forechecker, lets forget skill and play dump and chase and I'll chase the puck and kill their D and try to pass the puck to someone in the same color jersey as me...lol
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I played tennis on angel dust once, I was 15, I swear I played really well that day. It wasn't a match I was just hitting with a friend for about 30 minutes. My friend who I smoked it with watched in disbelief, it was pretty sick.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I played IM hoops at Penn State after a 12-pack of Molson...dropped in 33 that game. Thought I found my winning formula and tried it again...with less spectacular results

Comment

I pooped, pee'ed, puked, burped, cried, fought, laughed, shot guns and compound bows extremely wasted many times years ago.

Playing athletic games on smoke, (pot) alcohol and speeders is completely different then LSD, Acid or most hallucinogens. Perception isn't always enhanced with hallucinogens like we think. I used to do Coke (not the drink) almost daily years ago. I would mix it with pot, alcohol and etc. Coke doesn't mess with your perception to judge distance or your mental awareness, like LSD acid. It's a mood enhancer and a massive intense speeder. I'm not saying I agree with it BUT I can see Coke the choice drug during their athletic career. On the other hand, to play an athletic game on acid, LSD is quite a feat my friends.

I played a game of neighborhood basketball tripping on acid once and couldn't stay with it. For some reason I wanted to try and play basketball tripping. Riiiiiiiiiight.

The basketball was (mental perception) pulsating in my hands and it smiled at me as I shot it through the hoop. I looked down at my feet and noticed they were bigger then normal (mental perception) and that was a distraction. Body movement of others was blurry at times. My buddy licked his lips a couple of times and I happen to see it. I started laughing because he literally looked like (mental perception) a dog in heat licking his lips to me. Once I started laughing that was it I was no good after that.
                        Last edited by Soap; 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                        X