No announcement yet.

What was your very first guitar??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started out playing classical guitar at 8, I think, and my parents actually rented a guitar for me at the local music school. I got my own at 10 or 11. It was a Japanese classical Spanish guitar and I still have it. It's pretty banged up, though. I guess I didn't respect wood back then I bought a cheap electric guitar at age 13 and then saved up to buy my black USA Strat. I still have it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      An Epiphone EPI Strat...
      That was my second guitar, lol.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Mine was actually decent. I had a 1996 MIM Fender Strat. I still have it. Sounds good (Especially with the Vintage Noiseless pickups) and stays in tune well. I still use it for clean stuff.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Sears Silvertone guitar and amp. I paid $69.00 for both of them at Apex Pawn Brokers in White Plains, NY. I played that crummy guitar with action 1/8" off of the neck and that crappy SS amp with an 8" speaker and a cardboard cabinet for 3 years. I used to crazy glue the cuts in my fingers so that I could keep practicing. After 3 years I graduated up to a crappy Electro Harmonix distortion box plugged into my parents quadraphonic stereo.

Comment

1985, i was 11 years old and i wanted a killer rock guitar - like a kramer. my dad came home with my first of several vintage gibsons (1985-87 were sorry years for vintage gibsons), a sunburst 335 with horrible vibrola tail piece. i was so disappointed!!!! i played it through a cranked up reel-to-reel with lots of echo. it sounded great for my dad's rock-n-roll, but sucked monkey balls for my desire to be iron maiden....later i traded it for a modded, red ESP 400 series strat.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
              Ooh I wanna see that Boy George sig guitar!
              Whoa whoa whoa!! I didn't say it was a Boy George sig guitar! It would have to be shaped like a pie, covered in chains, with an extending bit that shoved a cock up your arse if it was.

So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

wow, I bet that looks awesome when you wear eye shadow to match!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Black Airline from Montgomery Wards with a white p/guard. Had a kinda LP shape. Single cut-away style. Late 50's early 60's era.

Comment

A crappy sears catalog strat copy was my first guitar that was actually mine. It was a pos. I took it apart and painted the body red. It came out really nice. That was late 70's maybe 1980. I have no idea what happened to it. The first guitar that I ever played was my fathers 1950's harmony acoustic. It looked like a violin with the f-holes, trapeze tailpiece, and tortoise pickguard. The action was super high. I dont know where it is either.

Comment

'83 Gibson Explorer. I broke the neck on it otherwise I would have still had it.

Comment

Working...
                      X