R.I.P. Diamond Darrell Abbott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Diamond Darrell Abbott

Today marks the anniversary of the senseless massacre of Diamond "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. And while it is a low point in heavy metal history, arguably the lowest point. As a remembreance of just what a down to earth guy and commedian he is I've posted this little gem I found some years ago that I thought I'd share. You are missed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	2449454

Dan McNew, the organizer of the Ride for Dime bike rally in honor of late PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, has posted the following message on the RideForDime.com web site:

"We all know Dimebag's musical roots were in country western music, and we all know what a great sense of humor he had. And last but not least, Dime supported the local music scene in Dallas and would sometimes record with local musicians. I ran into one of those musicians, 'Throbbin Donnie Rodd' tonight [Saturday, Dec. 2, 2006] in a club who told me the story of how Dimebag sat in on a recording session with him and recorded this country western song called 'Country Western Transvestite Whore'. Dime plays lead guitar and lead vocals. I just wanted to pass this song on to everyone. Enjoy!"

Download the track at this location http://www.ridefordime.com/music/transvestite.mp3

We'll meet again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqFq81HCNpM

and FUCK Nathan Gale!

RIP ~ the man had many songs I thought were great and many others as well. A very different soloing style and a career cut way to short by some crazed fucktard!!!!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Yes indeed... Premier Guitar has some good articles here about the man and his Dean From Hell.

Comment

RIP Bro...

If anyone recalls, the JCF raised $1500 for the Dime Fund! Handed a check to Rita personally...

Been a while aye? Time flies when you're doing whatever it is you do...
        Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Fuck Nathan Gale!

RIP Dimebag Darrell.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Dime was a huge influence for me. Not for my playing (no way in hell I'm that good), but his attitude towards his music and life. He was a very care free person and took life on it's own terms. Granted he was pretty fucked up when he did it, but that was his way. RIP 'bro'.
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

i still cant believe that it happened, the best metal band i have ever been blessed to see perform in front of me. i saw them open for skid row back in the day and dime played half the the show , mooning the audience while he played because the crowd wasn't getting into them as much as they should have, and i was laughing my ass off and and at the same time going holy fuck, listen to these guys. that day changed my musical life, i knew these guys were going to be special, i got to see them 4 more time after that day.

R.I.P. DIME BIGGEST LOSS TO ROCK EVER.
              DK2 EERIE DESS
              KE3 CUSTOM
              KELLY PROFESSIONAL
              KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
              RR3 PRO
              BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
              KRAMER VOYAGER
              LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
              TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

RIP Dime...