Google - Fuck your privacy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google - Fuck your privacy!

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I admit I use google to search for pictures of chicks putting gerbils into their assholes and then use gmail to send the pics to my friends and I have no problems with that but there's also personal e-mails about close people and information that no one else has business to know about.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      I admit I use google to search for pictures of chicks putting gerbils into their assholes
      And? That's what it's for isn't it? Don't tell me you can use it for other stuff too? Fucking hell, you live and you learn.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Didn't read the links, but Google owns their servers. Anything you put on them is their property. There should be no expectation of privacy on the Internet.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Didn't read the links, but Google owns their servers. Anything you put on them is their property. There should be no expectation of privacy on the Internet.
          I don't care what they own, what a nice way to gain trust. Many people are sending material which isn't copyrighted yet and they can do whatever they want with it. They should put up a warning sign "With us, Your shit is our shit"

Comment

But it's not just Google. Pretty much every ISP, website, whatever, has something in their terms saying that anything you upload is fair game. For example, unless you set it differently, Facebook can use any photo you upload without contacting you first, even if you delete your account.
            Scott

Comment

Didn't read the links, but Google owns their servers. Anything you put on them is their property.
              Not true.
              They cannot lay claim to any of your property unless you give it to them.
              But they can use it.

11. Content licence from you
              11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
              11.2 You agree that this licence includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.
              11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this licence shall permit Google to take these actions.
              11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.
              -Rick

Comment

you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
                Okay, so you retain any copyrights, but Google can do whatever they want to, including reproduction, modification, and publishing. Close enough to owning for me.
                Scott

Comment

No it's not every website. Many let you privately keep your stuff. They only remove something if there's an official complain by the intellectual owners that there's some copyrighted material uploaded and they can prove it.... or there's something else illegal.
                  Facebook etc. I don't care about... it's small shit. But when it comes to important information and intellectual property that has not been copyrighted yet, then I have a big problem with that.

Comment

Okay, so you retain any copyrights, but Google can do whatever they want to, including reproduction, modification, and publishing. Close enough to owning for me.

And yet they turn around and deny you from doing the same with their materials. Hypocritical.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      I don't care what they own, what a nice way to gain trust. Many people are sending material which isn't copyrighted yet and they can do whatever they want with it. They should put up a warning sign "With us, Your shit is our shit"
                      What exactly is your beef with Google? Those articles don't really say much of anything about Google doing whatever they want with your material. Sounds like you're misunderstanding something. Google certainly doesn't share your gmail with anyone, if that's your worry.
                      Last edited by Bert; 12-09-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X