Snowing up here in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowing up here in NYC

Gotta be cold for a long time and snow like hell to get some accumuliation in the city. And it has been, and it is. Took the dogs out to frolic in the first snow of the year - an absolute must. It was the white dog's first ever snow and he was loving it!

And if you don't like pictures of dogs in the snow - I think Newc's got a pic of some guy's nutsack you can look at

Merry Christmas!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Nice.

We have a mini dachshund puppy (11 mos. old), and he LOVES the snow. Our last one hated it. Need to grab some pics of him frolicking in it. Living in Minnesota, there is no need to rush out and do this. I'll have plenty of opportunities between now and April.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Snowed here too, I built a snowman with my two year old daughter then she punched it's head off before I could put it's hat on.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

A true Scot then, she'll be quaffing Buckie before too long.

We had 3 flakes of snow here and the country fell apart, total mayhem, as per usual. I'm going to build the biggest Snow-dong you have ever seen when it snows here properly.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

It's snowing pretty heavily right now. Fucking -20c (-4F) degrees too.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

For some reason, the kids chiwawa's say "fuck that" to the snow. The kids had fun. They made a snow fort and snow penguin with the almost 2" we got. Good, wet packing snow. We never get very much snow - too far away from the coast. It melted quite a but but we got another dusting 1/4" - 1/2" last night.

Comment

27" of snow for me today here on Long Island. My cars were all buried to the roof this morning from the drifting. But my dog loved it. My kids are too old for it but my youngest at least helped me shovel today.

Comment

sunny and 72 in California. The way i like it

Comment

It's been snowing some here too, and the snow's been here since Wednesday, I think. Not enough to keep people from work or school, although traffic was a bit slow the first two days. One of my dogs loves the snow too. So much that he doesn't want to come back in until he's so cold, he's shaking.

Comment

Speaking of California, I go there just about every year in November. I don't mind the snow here, what I don't like is the darkness--it's so depressing. A trip to southern CA this time of year (and looking for Jacksons there) cheers me up!

Comment

Would have been a fine day if not for the fact that I parked on the right-hand side of a one way- You guessed it, plowed in to the windows in nice, salt-caked dirty ice.

Chopped a bunch of it out, rocked her twice, and then waved at all the poor peeps without all wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                        I don't mind the snow here, what I don't like is the darkness--it's so depressing.
                        Yeah, northern europe is so damn dark during this time of the year that many people don't see the daylight at all... go to work or school in the morning... very dark... you come home... very dark... only few hours of light when everyone is busy.
                        What's even worse in my area is that the weather is shitty all year around and there's not much sunlight. No wonder the people are miserable drunkards here.
                        The sun gives all the necessary energy. Can't wait to get out of this place. Every time I spend longer periods in sunny climate I feel how much better my health is and how much more relaxed I am.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

We got a good 10" out of the storm over the weekend. My beagle doesn't like it; it's too deep for him to walk in so he has to hop around. It's quite humorous to watch.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            Yeah, northern europe is so damn dark during this time of the year that many people don't see the daylight at all... go to work or school in the morning... very dark... you come home... very dark... only few hours of light when everyone is busy.
                            What's even worse in my area is that the weather is shitty all year around and there's not much sunlight. No wonder the people are miserable drunkards here.
                            The sun gives all the necessary energy. Can't wait to get out of this place. Every time I spend longer periods in sunny climate I feel how much better my health is and how much more relaxed I am.

I assume your winter solstice is the same as that in the United States....? If so this is the shortest day of the year- It just gets better from here

I hear you on the sunny thing. I spent 2 days in Boca Raton/ West Palm Beach Florida last week for work. The second I hit the ground I felt like a million bucks. As soon as I landed back home and got hit with 25F or so I felt myself tensing up.
                            Last edited by Vass; 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I guess you have continental climate in Tallinn. It's alright here wrt. light from October to September, I'd say, but in the winter months we don't see the sun much. Except for the past few days where the sky's been clear, but that also means it gets really cold. I feel invigorated every time I go to California in November.

Comment

Working...
                              X