No announcement yet.

Wall hangers for guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd personally avoid anything that's "intergrated" with the other hooks if you're concerned about anchoring. You don't want to be in a situation where "if one goes down we all go down".

String Swings have always worked great for me. They have drywall anchors, so unless your drywall is paper thin I think you'll be good without a stud.

String Swing actually has a ridiculous ### of configurations, including some for professional displays. They have a ceiling hanger, which is an interesting option, both as individuals and as huge racks.

String Swing manufactures safe and secure instrument storage solutions, including the best guitar hangers, mounts, racks, and stands in the music industry.

The twin reverse is interesting- If you can't get a good anchor where you want it on the wall, you could get it somewhere on the ceiling...

String Swing manufactures safe and secure instrument storage solutions, including the best guitar hangers, mounts, racks, and stands in the music industry.

Comment

I got no drywall - it's paneling/insulation/outer wall.

Might just go ahead and build me a system. It'd be safer. Dammit.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

don't you think you could just watch out for the beams (?) get some huge spax-screws and be done with it? these things are really able to hold some weight....
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

See if any dry cleaners are going out of business in your area. How cool would it be to have one of those conveyer belt systems in your house with guitars hanging from it?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            See if any dry cleaners are going out of business in your area. How cool would it be to have one of those conveyer belt systems in your house with guitars hanging from it?
            Oh now that is the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              We used to ride on that when I worked at the dry cleaners. Lots of fun, and they can support a heck of a lot of weight.

Newc - I think with that wall material you're pretty much out of luck. I'd think about building a stand for them all and putting it against a wall.
              Scott

Comment

"Off the wall" brand wall hangers for me, I have 12 of them. They fasten with 3 screws instead of 2 for added support.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I use the String Swing with the wooden wall mount base. they have worked great for 2 years now.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yeah, I use String Swing as well, and they've never been a problem in more than 10 years. I have one or two of the Hecules hangers, but the arms don't like shutting over a Floyd nut....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I'd think about building a stand for them all and putting it against a wall.
                      If the wall is that bad, screw a horizontal board across the wall into the studs and then mount the hangers onto that...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but with vertical boards for stability as well. Pressure is spread out along a vertical plane instead of all the weight pulling down on the crossboard.

Something like this:

Maybe even put neck rests on the verticals to keep them straight.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Stringswing hangers:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That Racer X standee is fucking killing me :ROTF:

Yeah, looks like a need a mounting rail and some hooks.

Comment

I've had well over 100 guitars hanging throughout the years on these, they're freakin perfect!

I bought some 8x1x4 unfinished oak with a decorative edge, stained it and mounted a handful at a time, had them running around the entire basement and it was nice, efficient and cheap. I mounted the oak to the studs and put the hooks wherever needed in the oak.

Not sure if you can do that Matt, but I can attest to this setup.
                              Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Hercules hangers... they load lock! About $12 each. Ive used about 15 of them, for 2 years... great quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X