Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm a little late on this one, but I saw 2012 last night, and after watching that steaming pile of rat dung, I felt thoroughly offended. For those who haven't seen it, be aware that this is a children's movie, with a fair amount of biblical stuff in it. The laws of physics and common sense certainly did not interfere with the director's imagination in this one. I imagine if you go into it assuming it's a comedy, you might enjoy it. You also may enjoy it, if you like having your intelligence insulted.

Terrible.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

if you're honest, you don't go to cinema nowadays just to increase your intelligence...

I didn't see it yet and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna see it in cinema (all my friends said this would be an excellent movie to NOT spend 10 bucks on ), but I'm curious how does the biblical stuff go with all the maya stuff?
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

yep not that great of a movie. You have to have biblical stuff to hype up the end of the world story line since the maya stuff is all about their calendar ending in 2012 and starting over, not the world. Every action sence was so overdone no one could have survived but yet they did again and again.

Comment

Poor John Cusack.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

What do you expect from Roland Emmerich? Big budget, heavily studio controlled mediocre crap full of CGI and clichés. Same category bullshit as all the Michael Bay-Jerry Bruckheimer products. Not as cheesy as Uwe Boll or Tyler Perry but good enough to force down your throat with heavy marketing.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Good to know... I will be skipping this one. It looked like a decent action film from the preview, but I hate when movies get all biblical.

Comment

me and my friends decided, the movie would be a total win, if it had a constant stream of 80's movies one-liners and parodies ... like arnie screamin 'get to the chopah', when the earthquake starts, the main characters on the bow of the ship in 'titanic' style once they set off into the oncoming waves, a cameo by McGuyver, fixing the broken 3rd ship, that kind of stuff. oh oh oh .. and when the ship falls on denny glovers head, he should've said 'i'm too old for this shit' !!!

then, and ONLY then, the movie would have been EPIC!
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I don't have any problems when a movie has biblical themes in them. Many great Italian directors have used biblical symbolism and folks like Scorsese or Coppola have taken those ideas and use many biblical elements in their works. Alejandro Jodorowsky's psychedelic western El Topo is exctremely biblical, fucking great trippy flick.
                IL Vangelo Secondo Matteo by Pier Paolo Pasolini is an amazing film. And even though it's considered the best film about Jesus Christ (specially by Catholics) Pasolini was an atheist, homosexual, radical, communist and the maker of Salò o le 120 Giornate di Sodoma which many people call the most disgusting and offensive motion picture in the history. Not a very popular type by 60's Catholic Italian standards. But he still made a great biblical film.

I do have problems when the movie is pure shit and the biblical themes are used in demagogical way.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That movie looks terrible. Looks like Transformers; all shiny and explodey for the audience so that it's hard to actually pay attention to the story.

I still can't believe there are people that actually believe that 2012 crap.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Not really sure or certain but from what I've gathered and that's been very little.
                    The Maya's and some other ancient people have concluded (especially the Maya's) couldn't see time beyond 2012. They had been known for their ability to know time and can't see any more time past 2012, or something like that. I don't know you can google it.

Anyhoo, everybody and there brother (mainstream religions and conspirators) now believe that the Maya's are a reliable source and we should adhere to their prediction.

In a nutshell, as we get closer to this thing we will begin to see a frenzy of sensationalism and it's side kick the money making machine just feeding this thing.

Is it far fetched? Any validity to it? I don't know.
                    Is it possible that something catastrophic will happen?
                    I think catastrophic can happen anytime and we don't need the Maya's to determine that.

I did go see the movie and for what the movie was to me, it was alright.
                    The movie wasn't a spiritual end of time barometer or reality check for me.
                    I went to see what 2012 was to some people and learned many are REALLY planning and hoping for this to happen.

If there were/was a more recent movie that I would believe over the 2012.
                    It would be The Day After Tomorrow, I can see this happening more then 2012.
                    But that's just me.

Are heading toward something?
                    I heard people say that and I'm not really sure what "that" something maybe or could be.
                    Again, I have no real definite answer here.
                    I can see the spiritual, economic and political climate seems to be taking us somewhere.
                    It's not rocket science but not sure what or where that may or may not be.
                    Sure but only in part, I can see were heading toward something just not sure what that may or may not be. I can go with that.
                    Last edited by Soap; 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                      The Maya's and some other ancient people have concluded (especially the Maya's) couldn't see time beyond 2012. They had been known for their ability to know time and can't see any more time past 2012, or something like that. I don't know you can google it.
                      If the Mayan's were right they were a little off with their dates, because the Mayan civilization has been dead for a long time.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        If the Mayan's were right they were a little off with their dates, because the Mayan civilization has been dead for a long time.
                        Huh, that's a given.
                        In part I suppose that may be why many people (not me) are intrigued or wowed by their prediction.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

My understanding is the Mayan calendar ended at 2012. It didn't predict the end of the world, just they didn't continue it on after that. Look at computer operating systems made in the 1960's and 70's. Remember Y2K? They only included digits up to 99 for the year because they figured nobody would be using these systems past then. I'm sure the Mayans were the same.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The Mayans had it goin' on people, but the world is not going to end because it's the end of their calender, it's going to end because of human error, and I'm waiting patiently to fall the fukk off the wagon when that time arrives, I'm going out in style, if I have the time to-lol
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

not to be a dick or anything, but the mayans are extinct.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X