Tribute to Doc Dryer - his old website and photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Doc Dryer - his old website and photos

Hey all. I saw the other thread about Doc, and learned when I came back to the forum after a long absence that he had passed away. R.I.P.

You may or may not know that I was his webmaster in the 2002 time frame when he still had a web hosting company.

I have all his old website pages with his photos of his guitars, him with George Lynch, etc... I've put them up on my site for anyone to see.

http://www.venombyte.com/docdryer/index.html

Doc was a good guy, and I have the fortune of owning a VH1 and 5150 that he built for me.

R.I.P Doc!

Nice Tribute!

RiP
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Very Nice Spiderman!

Comment

Rip dd

Met Doc at NAMM...2001, 2002 I think.

It was the year EVH was supposed to play at the Peavey booth and got loaded on wine and eventually embarrassed himself by going on 3 hours late and couldn't play a lick....sounded like me trying to play Eruption. Doc WOULD NOT leave his place in line to get into the tiny booth to see EVH up close!

I always thought Doc a bit odd on the forum but in person really genuinely friendly and all around great guy...the biggest EVH junkie I ever met.

RIP Doc.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Very cool site. I didn't know Doc, but I know alot of you did. RIP
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

that's very cool. I always had a lot of time for Doc. I bought a JE-1200 off him once and he threw in a couple of extra Jackson pickups that he'd just pulled out of a Model 5. One of them was busted, but he figured he'd send them out of the goodness of his heart for me to mess around with. He'd send me pics of his latest acquisitions before he posted them on the JCF. I still remember how pristine that trans white Charvel Fusion Plus was when he bought it. Beautiful!

I have missed seeing that great pic of all of his Models posed in front of his VH garage door. So thanks for hosting his site, David. It's a very nice tribute.

Hail yesterday

Comment

shit, speaking of his Fusion Plus, here it is! http://www.venombyte.com/docdryer/gu...vel_fusion.asp
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                Met Doc at NAMM...2001, 2002 I think.

It was the year EVH was supposed to play at the Peavey booth and got loaded on wine and eventually embarrassed himself by going on 3 hours late and couldn't play a lick....sounded like me trying to play Eruption. Doc WOULD NOT leave his place in line to get into the tiny booth to see EVH up close!

I always thought Doc a bit odd on the forum but in person really genuinely friendly and all around great guy...the biggest EVH junkie I ever met.

RIP Doc.
                2003 Curt... Yeh, the year of the camera,

That was just a bad deal all around!

RIP Bro!!! U R definitely missed!!!
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I'm too much of a newb to know who the guy was, but, shit, that first strat of yours is fucking gorgeous!
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Doc was a good guy. Thanks for bringing the site back.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

awesome tribute..I enjoyed many telephone calls with Doc over the years....good guy. RIP
                      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Nice work... thanks!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Very nice. I love the EVH garage door.

Comment

Doc was a great guy. Was very helpful with some tech questions I had. Also, I almost bought one of his tobacco burst EBMM Axis guitars, but found another Axis at a great price somewhere else. In retrospect, I wish I would have bought the one Doc was selling.

Comment

Cool, this brings back good memories. Thanks for posting!
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X