:-( Guitar Center No Guitar Day :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :-( Guitar Center No Guitar Day :-(

This is my GC “no guitar day” experience. I saw a nice DK2 on GC’s website last week and ordered it after being told by GC staff it was in “like new” condition. So I’m waiting for this guitar and checking the UPS tracking info online and notice only a billing scan and no origin scan or other info for days. I call UPS and they tell what day it will arrive--I wait and nothing shows up. I wait a few more days and contact GC and UPS a few times each. GC tells me they have insurance for each package they send so I am covered. UPS tells me they have no reason to believe the package ever entered the system so the insurance doesn’t cover the package. GC tells me at one point I will have to pay them and get insurance reimbursement and at another point that they will refund my money after UPS investigates.

So the guitar might appear next week but I think it’s a long shot now. I’m not sure how this will work out in the end but I doubt I’ll be paying for something I did not receive. What I was hoping would be a good experience has become a source of frustration and there isn’t much I can do about it but wait and make more phone calls.

One of the GC douches pbly sold it before one of the other GC douches got around to shipping it. My guess.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
      One of the GC douches pbly sold it before one of the other GC douches got around to shipping it. My guess.
      That's my guess, but the manager claimed to have a document signed by the UPS guy for the packaged guitar.

Comment

GC Sucks! I recently purchased a guitar from them sight unseen and they shipped it to me. When I asked for a tracking # so I would know when to expect it, their reply was we don't give out that info because we have had problems in the past of someone getting the tracking # and changing the delivery address. Also, we only ship to the billing address on your credit card. I explained that I was the buyer and I demanded the tracking #. I was on hold for 15 minutes waiting to speak to a manager and noone ever picked up. I made about 10 calls back and still couldn't get the manager on the phone. Also, he would not respond to emails. Anyway...the guitar was sitting on my front porch the following day. No signature required and no delivery confirmation. At least I received my guitar and everything was fine. I guess I was lucky, but that's a typical scenerio when dealing with GC.

Best of luck in your transaction. I hope everything works out fine.

Comment

Did you order it using a credit card? Most credit cards will let you file a dispute. Ordering something and then never receiving it would be something they'd probably side with you on...

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            Did you order it using a credit card? Most credit cards will let you file a dispute. Ordering something and then never receiving it would be something they'd probably side with you on...
            I did use a CC and specifically for the reason you gave.

Comment

Dont give up hope yet Trussrod there is a good chance that it is still sitting in the back of GC. I was on the road and made a purchase from them and after trying my ass of there was no way I could carry it w/me and with it being a holiday weekend both postal and ups were closed so I was in a bit of a bind. So I called them back and asked if they could ship it back home for me and for a very small fee they would. So I dropped it off the next am on my way out of town and off I went and I was told that it would go out on Mon. or Tues. (it was now sat) Ok so the follwing week I called them to get a tracking # so I can call the lady at the PO to give her a heads up that its coming and to make sure there wasnt a problem with her holding it till I got back home. Well they tell me that dude was at lunch at to give my number and he would call me back when he got back; well he never did. Well after numberous times of playing phone tag and then getting the RIGHT person on the phone he then told me he didnt know what I was talking about and that he couldnt find that item and yadayadayada and then I just about to climb through the phone on him and he tells me to hold on

Well he comes back on a few min. later he went back to his office (he was on the main floor when I called) he then proceeded to tell me that the back area was a clusterfuck and to give him a few days to organize it and see if my item had gotten buired in the mess. He told me that he had gone on vacation the start of the holiday weekend so and when had gotten back it was a clusterfuck; so I gave him the benefit of the doubt what else could I do at this point? Well three days later he did call me back and told me he found it and it was going to be sent out on Monday and gave me a tracking # and sure enough it got sent out FINALLY and it got back to the PO at home a day before I did. So from the time I dropped it off at GC till it got to me it was almost a month 28 days to be exact. Now all of this being said I found out managment wont do shit for you the salesman wont do shit for you the one person who might actually help you is the shipping guy he will be the one who knows if your junk REALLY went out. I like you paid with a CC and was on the verge on filing a complaint and to have them stop payment on it but I got such a screaming deal that I worked through the BS and I got my item and it was worth it in the long run; now the stupid part. After all of this was said and done I got a call from said salesman a mon. after I got my junk telling me that he had something I might be interested in; I was like WTF??? are you crazy after what happened LAST time??? He reassured me that it wouldnt happen again and he gave me a price that you just couldnt pass up so I told him I had better have it in my hands in a week or I will make it my lifes passion to discredit you guys; so he said ok. Well it was at my door in three days and I have used this location numerous times since and havent had a problem and I have gotten killer deals that nobody eles has been able to touch. What started out as a VERY rocky relationship has turned into a very good one for myself and my bank account, so I wish you luck and I hope it turns out good for ya. Just make sure you get ahold of the right person.

Comment

That's encouraging, ford. Next time I talk to the manager I'll suggest they do a search of the ware house/storage area.

Comment

Update: I called UPS today to find out what their investigation turned up. The package was picked up by UPS today and not on January 7. It is currently in transit and should arrive this coming Friday. I knew "billing info received" was not the same as an "origin" scan.

Comment

Originally posted by trussrod View Post
                    update: I called ups today to find out what their investigation turned up. The package was picked up by ups today and not on january 7. It is currently in transit and should arrive this coming friday. I knew "billing info received" was not the same as an "origin" scan.

sweet!!!

Comment

UPS delivered my DK2 today as expected. I posted pics and comments in a different thread.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102650

Comment

Great!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good news! Nice guitar too, looks like my SL3, but with neck binding.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks RacerX, thanks MB :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X