RC - Kyosho Ultima ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC - Kyosho Ultima ?

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted (as usual)!

I've become a bit nostalgic, and I'm toying with the idea of picking up an old (perhaps nerdy ) hobby.

I'm wondering if any JCFer has one of these laying around?:
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Great fun. I miss tinkering and racing mine. It was alot more fun with friends or on a track. There aren't tracks around here anymore.

Comment

I have an old Tamiya Clod Buster gathering dust on a closet
      went wild on it back then

front and rear lights, brakelights, leds in the bullbar spotlights, 2 speedometers, drives on 2 batteries, lights work on a 3rd
      Only thing I never got round to was changing the steering from 1 servo to 2
      (1 to push 2 long flimsy steel rods for turning 2 sets of huge wheels really doesn't cut it)
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

YEHAW!!!!

These were the last ones I was running:

RC-10T Team Truck. Original aluminum chassis. Lotsa upgrade parts on it. I think these pictures are from the day I blew out the tranny. Was running like a 12 turn modified motor. Sucker would wheelie for 30 yards. Running on pavement, it used to throw sparks as it ground down the bolts on the end of the chassis during wheelies.

Losi Mini-T. Again, lotsa upgrades on this one. This was a little 1/18th scale truck. Fast but whack it into a curb and it was game-over.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

A Kyosho Ultima was my first RC car. I won a few races with it. I traded up for a Turbo Ultima a year or so later. Sadly, I know longer have either car.

Comment

My first was Frog.

Comment

Good to see that there are a few fellow R/C nerds here!

I've been out of the R/C world for 15 years or so, and I noticed things had really changed, brushless motors, lipo packs etc. Seems like there's a lot of fun stuff to waste time on, haha!
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I have my old Losi truck (whatever their first truck was, LXT?) in the closet and my tackle box full of tires/motors/batteries etc. I think 2000 was the last time I had it out, I put a fast mod motor in it and promptly smacked a cinder block at a HIGH rate of speed. Broke one of the control arms and have been meaning to fix it since. Fun toy... ooh I bet those batteries are a corroded mess by now.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I have owned a bunch of nitro's in the past, but they are all long gone. Now it's only 1/5th scale gas for me (baja 5b & baja 5t).

Comment

I still have a nitro powered Ultima ST and a Stinger MKII here....

Comment

Working...
                    X