This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• health care reforms

I’m not American (I’m British btw) and we have had free heath care since well ages ago. It’s not perfect but it’s free. I don’t want to open a can of worms or get any one upset but why would any one object to free health care?
    no sig.....

It isn't free.
    And government can't get much of anything right.

Become a Platinum member and you can discuss this
    all you want.

Comment

Yep, become a platinum member so you can take part of a fantastic program called "Demagogy 101 with Cygnus"

It covers topics such as:
      *How the Pope saved Eastern Europe from USSR
      *Liberals are communists
      *History lessons by world renowned anthropology professor Rush Limbaugh
      *How good Jesse Helms' cock feels inside your asshole
      *and much more

In only 30 days you can become a little Mussolini, Goebbels or Franco and it's as entertaining as RTR Russia 1 or Fox News. Satisfaction guaranteed!
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
        I’m not American (I’m British btw) and we have had free heath care since well ages ago. It’s not perfect but it’s free. I don’t want to open a can of worms or get any one upset but why would any one object to free health care?
        Without getting into anything political, it seems very "fishy" to me that a plan to give everyone "free health care" includes legislation that can fine or imprison you for not wanting to take part. That does not imply that health care is the main issue at all(it seems to be much more about control).

But, yeppers - join the Platinum section and you can enjoy all of the things Endrik referred to .....

As well as a few other perks.
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post

I'm very familiar with your healthcare system and honesty it's nothing to brag about. We have family in the UK and yeah it may be free but it is sub par treatment at best. You want top notch treatment pay cash.
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            Without getting into anything political, it seems very "fishy" to me that a plan to give everyone "free health care" includes legislation that can fine or imprison you for not wanting to take part. That does not imply that health care is the main issue at all(it seems to be much more about control).

But, yeppers - join the Platinum section and you can enjoy all of the things Endrik referred to .....

As well as a few other perks.

Yup and they carefully label the fine a "tax" so that they can avoid due process. If it was labelled a "fine" which it is then you would be able to fight it.....
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The current health care bill going through congress is more accurately described as a huge giveaway to health insurance corporations than reform. That's why.

I never thought I would say this but I guess cygnus and I agree: government screwed this one up
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                Yep, become a platinum member so you can take part of a fantastic program called "Demagogy 101 with Cygnus"

*Liberals are communists
                *and much more

In only 30 days you can become a little Mussolini, Goebbels or Franco and it's as entertaining as RTR Russia 1 or Fox News. Satisfaction guaranteed!
                +10000

I would like to add that not only are liberals communists, so are centrist democrats. And moderate republicans. Basically anybody to the left of Attilla the hun
                "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                  I'm very familiar with your healthcare system and honesty it's nothing to brag about. We have family in the UK and yeah it may be free but it is sub par treatment at best. You want top notch treatment pay cash.

I'd say ours is pretty good.

I saw a great comparison on TV on oprah of all places (ex, go figure haha) and it was between Denmark and the US. Now I've always thought there were great differences and contrasts but wow did that put it into perspective. The US didn't come outta that one in a good light, imo. But then I realize I'm accostumed to an entirely different system than the US, identical to Denmark in the most places, so that could be a bias. But still I have this kind of feeling "how could anyone not want to live like this". Freedom and a sense of wellbeing that's pretty overwhelming....but that might come across differently to Americans, I realize. You should definitely check it out sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7s89ptz0dA
                  Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

What's your income tax rates where you are?

Comment

And how much does your Welfare system pay? Not Social Security for the old folks, but free money because you have 10 kids (and are not required to prove they're yours, not your neighbor's kids you borrowed for the day), or some "mystery ailment" that your friend who works at the hospital scribbled on a piece of hospital stationery for you?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

not to be a dick, but i'm sick of hearing ignorant dipshits , hey i'm from europe, we have free healthcare why don't americans want it? let's see...
                          hows your tax rate? like paying import duties,? how much is gas ..er petrol over there?
                          those are some indications of why and you don't have to look beyond your own nose to answer your own question.
                          btw, if you get pmed by endrick about giving him a golden shower, just ignore it, he's a bit off, but harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

*Liberals are communists
                            *and much more

I have shown respect for your differing views.
                            I would hope you could do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                              not to be a dick, but i'm sick of hearing ignorant dipshits , hey i'm from europe, we have free healthcare why don't americans want it? let's see...
                              hows your tax rate? like paying import duties,? how much is gas ..er petrol over there?
                              those are some indications of why and you don't have to look beyond your own nose to answer your own question.
                              btw, if you get pmed by endrick about giving him a golden shower, just ignore it, he's a bit off, but harmless.

Not to sound like a dick but
                              you rather go bankrupt paying hospital bills than count off a bit more tax?

on a different note,: don't worry, EU is slowly headed for an american system where the insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank
                              Last edited by Nightbat; 01-20-2010, 09:08 PM.
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X