Damn you, Guitar Center.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you, Guitar Center.... :(

I ordered a couple of Duncan Hot Stack pickups and a TB5 for my SL1 at lunch today. The items are "In stock!" - and they still are.

Half an hour later, I get an email saying the Hot Stack is "still on backorder." :think:

I wish I'd sprung for the $8 overnight shipping, so I could have gotten 20% off my next order at least.

You fool! Why would you ever order anything through GC?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Because it was cheap and in stock... One out of two isn't bad, I guess.

Comment

Bah, ordering pickups from the big chain stores is a waste of time IMHO.

I hooked up with a small dealer via eBay that I've bought about 30 pickups from so far. I can send him an e-mail and get a response within a few hours or I can call him on the phone and speak with him immediately. He can order any Duncan or Dimarzio and he stocks a huge selection of models and colors that no other stores do.

Comment

GC isn't the most organized business but I wouldn't expect them to screw up a computer-based order. After all it's not like their usual B&M employees were involved. Maybe you'll get your order two weeks late if you're lucky.

Comment

I'm expecting it sometime around June.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              I'm expecting it sometime around June.
              That ludicrous. If you want to contact the guy I deal with, let me now. I don't want to post his info here out of respect to the supporting vendors.

Comment

Nah, I'm in no hurry... Too many projects anyway.

But, thanks for the offer.

Comment

Well, they shipped all three pickups yesterday evening. Wow, Seymour Duncan himself must have brought them over, awesome!

Seriously, I got a brand new Soloist for $1400 because they couldn't find two white DiMarzio humbucker rings back in July... The overnight shipping "we get it out today or you get 20% off of your next order" is a pretty good gamble from my experience.

Comment

I've used that vendor Matt B's talking about I think very good guy I got three duncans from him in days from the us to uk, infact i was waiting longer for stuff to get to me from the UK..

I've also had good dealings with piney hills, but any of the sponsors/dealers would give you better service than GC...

Comment

OK, it gets worse.

It turns out they only sent one of the Hot Stacks. And, the tracking number they provided has been used before... Twice (this is UPS's fuck-up, not Guitar Center.)

Hooray for ordering shit off the Internet.

Comment

I've never had any trouble with Musicians Friend. For pickups they're my go-to because they always have all the different color options and their website it easy. A lot of other sites may have a $1 off the price, but then they only have black or zebra or no indication of color.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Mikes Music for all my pickups...he's on eBay as well
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            Mikes Music for all my pickups...he's on eBay as well
                            Since this door I have been opened, +1 for Mike.

Comment

Well that doesn't really help - I googled mikes music and got pages of "Mike's Music" places. Either way, none that I clicked on had decent web sites.
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X