No announcement yet.

Damn you, Guitar Center.... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musician's Friend and Guitar Center are the same thing, basically.

I order stuff from Guitar Center because it's cheap, easy, and quick. It is for that exact reason that I get annoyed with them, when it's not easy or quick.

Found out UPS is recycling tracking numbers... And to be honest, Guitar Center had my pickups "in stock" but, they only had one.

Hopefully the 2 - 4 weeks to get more in stock is actually realistic, and they can get them (I am pretty sure this pickup is to be discontinued soon.)

BTW, has anyone noticed that Seymour Duncan has redesigned most of their single coils (stacks and rails) without the "triangle" base plate and, the new designs are taller?

That is NOT what I am looking for in a pickup for an SL1. The old Classic Stacks are really a little taller than I'd like in the middle... I might end up just sticking some nasty Strat single-coil in there with a black cover on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Well that doesn't really help - I googled mikes music and got pages of "Mike's Music" places. Either way, none that I clicked on had decent web sites.

I'm not sure if this is the same Mike, but banjomikez is my favorite eBay pickup guy:

Mike's Music Shop is a guitar shop that's been in operation 40+ years. We stock over 5000 DiMarzio Humbucking Pick-ups. If you have any questions about items in my store, please contact me at [email protected] or give me a call at 717-580-2621 8am-6pm EST. Thank You, Mike Z.

Good prices, huge selection, and if you don't see it, he'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        I'm not sure if this is the same Mike, but banjomikez is my favorite eBay pickup guy:

Good prices, huge selection, and if you don't see it, he'll get it.
        That's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Well that doesn't really help - I googled mikes music and got pages of "Mike's Music" places. Either way, none that I clicked on had decent web sites.
          You didn't use the secret knock GT. Look for Mike's Music Shoppe. Be forewarned that his website isn't flashy but you're not buying the sizzle, you're buying the steak.

Comment

Holy crap, you guys were not kidding.

I went to Mike's Ebay store hoping to find a set of Duncan Zebra pickups... Found exactly what I was looking for, he shipped them the same day...

He's getting first chance at any of my pickup business in the future.

Comment

Mike is aces,Iwon't buy from anyone else.............
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Good to see you guys talking up Mike's!! I stop by his shop every so often...if you saw the walls of pickups he has, you'd shit your pants!! He stocks damn near EVERY color combo in EVERY pickup for both Duncan and Dimarzio. I don't buy from anyone else.

Use his ebay site (banjomikez), call him or email him. He hasn't touched his website in years.

Comment

told ya
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                  X