Aussie spiders from hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie spiders from hell...

I don't get too freaked out by spiders but this thing is friggin LARGE...

http://www.noob.us/entertainment/do-...nt-watch-this/
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Yep, that's a huntsman spider. We have them here in Florida too. Some people call 'em wood spiders. They are definitely huge, and they can move pretty fast too. Freaks a lot of people out when they see one for the first time - especially when they are indoors like that. They aren't dangerous bite wise, like the black widows we also have, and they do a good job those big nasty cockroaches away. As you can tell by my name, spiders don't bother me at all, and have had several tarantulas over the years.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 01-21-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I posted a pic of a huntsman in that other creepy crawly thread. We see them quite a bit around here. I like to catch & release them because, as Spidey says, they're great for keeping the insect population down & they're fairly harmless to humans.

We don't show the same consideration to redback spiders though. Nasty fuckers
      Hail yesterday

Comment

The backyard here grows redbacks like crazy. Some are freaking massive. Make a nice 'pop' when ya smash them too!

Comment

...Poor spider

I have no fear of spiders, but the size of that bugger does freak me out a little
          over here the "giant spiders" being a generic garden spider which -with legs- may be 3-4 inces

I tend to save them from my sister, I'm apathetic towards spiders, but hate mosquitos
          (not their bites, but zooming next to my ear when I'm JUST about to fall asleep)
          spiders love mosquitos, so I consider them 'a good friend to have hanging around'
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

We met a lovely Australian couple in Moorea. Actually, he was a yank by birth & she was native. We had many Hinanos together over the course of a couple weeks. After hearing about the fauna of Australia I'm frankly shocked that any human is still alive.

I forget exactly where they lived (they had major $$$, I know they had a city home in Sidney but they also had some sort of ranch/farm) but the wife was telling us that smacking brown snakes was a pretty regular occurance, as well as intrusion by various poisonous spiders. For them it seemed like a pretty normal situation.

Sharks....jellyfish...snakes....bugs.... wtf is with Australia??? Everything's more dangerous (including the people probably )

Comment

That video is hilarious!!
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
              X