Don't look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look.

I need a way to move something between twocomputers. My e-mail doesnt work on the school computer. So I need a place to put this I'll just copy and paste it off of here.
    Claudius Act 4
    Claudius' soliloquy about his remorse over his murder of Hamlet's father is important to the play because it's the one place where we learn how Claudius feels about what he has done. The rest of the play is all about how Hamlet feels about what Claudius has done, and I think it rounds out the play to get it from a different perspective.

From the soliloquy I can see that Claudius feels sorry for the murder, but not sorry enough. He says, "Oh, my offense is rank, it smells to heaven." He wants to pray for forgiveness of his offense, but laments, "Pray can I not," because "I am still possessed of those effects for which I did the murder - My crown, mine own ambition, and my queen." He murdered Hamlet's father in order to get those things and he is not willing to give them up. He realizes that true repentance would be willing to give then up, and therefore, he is not really repentant. This is why at the end of his prayer, he says "Words without thoughts never to heaven go." There's no point in saying he is sorry because God knows he doesn't really mean it. So, the best he can do is pray that God will make him sorry, by pleading, "Heart with strings of steel, be as soft as the sinews of a new-born babe."

Hamlet Act 4
    In Act IV, Scene 4, Hamlet rages against his own ability to seek revenge as the Ghost as urged. He sees the army and Young Fortinbras who are willing to go to their death "even for an eggshell," and it reminds him of his "dull revenge," and that he has lost purpose. Hamlet also contemplates the difference between man and beast (animal): If all he is to do is "sleep and feed' then Hamlet feels he is no better than an animal. He must use his ability to think and plan.
    The soldiers give him reason to think about his own honor, with "a father kill'd, a mother stained, " and this thought rallies him to action. "From this time forth, my thoughts be bloody." This soliloquy, then, refreshes Hamlet's purpose in seeking revenge! follow enotes link for more!
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Two words...portable drive. Cheap, easy, saves your bacon..(and files). Or old school floppy if you are attending at Bedrock.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
      I need a way to move something between twocomputers. My e-mail doesnt work on the school computer. So I need a place to put this I'll just copy and paste it off of here.
      Claudius Act 4
      Claudius' soliloquy about his remorse over his murder of Hamlet's father is important to the play because it's the one place where we learn how Claudius feels about what he has done. The rest of the play is all about how Hamlet feels about what Claudius has done, and I think it rounds out the play to get it from a different perspective.

From the soliloquy I can see that Claudius feels sorry for the murder, but not sorry enough. He says, "Oh, my offense is rank, it smells to heaven." He wants to pray for forgiveness of his offense, but laments, "Pray can I not," because "I am still possessed of those effects for which I did the murder - My crown, mine own ambition, and my queen." He murdered Hamlet's father in order to get those things and he is not willing to give them up. He realizes that true repentance would be willing to give then up, and therefore, he is not really repentant. This is why at the end of his prayer, he says "Words without thoughts never to heaven go." There's no point in saying he is sorry because God knows he doesn't really mean it. So, the best he can do is pray that God will make him sorry, by pleading, "Heart with strings of steel, be as soft as the sinews of a new-born babe."

Hamlet Act 4
      In Act IV, Scene 4, Hamlet rages against his own ability to seek revenge as the Ghost as urged. He sees the army and Young Fortinbras who are willing to go to their death "even for an eggshell," and it reminds him of his "dull revenge," and that he has lost purpose. Hamlet also contemplates the difference between man and beast (animal): If all he is to do is "sleep and feed' then Hamlet feels he is no better than an animal. He must use his ability to think and plan.
      The soldiers give him reason to think about his own honor, with "a father kill'd, a mother stained, " and this thought rallies him to action. "From this time forth, my thoughts be bloody." This soliloquy, then, refreshes Hamlet's purpose in seeking revenge! follow enotes link for more!
      Now it will be here forever!

Comment

Originally posted by flametop View Post
        or old school floppy if you are attending at bedrock.

Last edited by RacerX; 01-28-2010, 04:48 AM.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What the fuck is a floppy? Is that something Rsmacker would know about?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

There is web-based e-mail.
            You can sign up for a free Hotmail acct in a matter of minutes.

Comment

lol, what problem solving skills...

Comment

and if you truly don't want people to look, don't call the thread "don't look!" that just beckons one to open the thread.

Comment

Could send yourself a PM, and leave us out of it.
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

It's amazing that humans have such little self-control

"Don't look!" <everyone looks>
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ever heard of a USB thumb drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        <everyone looks>
                        It's in our nature to be nosy.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Buy Crucial Gizmo Jr 2GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model CT2GBUFDJNR000 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!
                          Scott

Comment

I was expecting tubgirl or lemonparty or something like that...
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I usually just send a PM to myself on here

I usually use that to give me a right-clickable link to save-target-as when the link is in a non-clickable format somewhere else on the internet.

And LOL I was expecting Tubgirl or Goatse too
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X