Newb, or not so as the case may be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb, or not so as the case may be.

Youll probly notice a lot of new posts by me and probly think Im just some newb that wants to boost his post count. This is not the case, I just like to give my 2 cents on topics where I think it may be helpful. I have 11 years playing experience and almost 3 yrs. strait of live gigging experience as well as the countless pieces of equipment Ive owned over the years. So I guess this is just an introduction of myself to you guys so as to relieve your suspicion as my being just some post happy thinks he knows everything newb.
    If you want to check out my previous bands(previous as Im not an active gigging musician at the moment) site and check out our various show pics and recordings, feel free. www.myspace.com/thebionicmonks Theres a pic or 2 there of us with Toryn Green(i know not that cool but hey...) as well as a pic of Don Stuck(local indianapolis radio personality) wearing one of our shirts. Anyways, thanks for reading and be patient, I can be opinionated at times : )
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Opinionated? Woooo, that's not allowed here. You have to be a robot and sit firmly on the fence on all issues, no swearing, no arguing, and absolutely no talking about things of which you have no knowledge. This is a strictly neutral area but you must toe the line at all times.

Just like we all do.

:ROTF:

(Incidentally, do you know anything about spiking drinks or gay weddings where one of the participants is a little hesitant?)
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Welcome Twitch.
      Speak freely.
      We like it.

Just don't fart.

That's my area of expertise.

hehe
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

You only have 8 posts, you feeling guilty already?
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey Twitch, welcome. Got any Jacksons or Charvels? Let's see some pics!

*Edit, never mind, I saw your flame inlay Dinky*

So, yeah, never mind. Hee hee hee
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ive had numerous other Jacksons like the other post says, but that is the only one that I just cant bare to part with. Like it has a soul or somethin..... anyways lookin here soon to possibly buy my first USA Jackson, the only prob is that Im strictly a play before you buy type and the isnt a shop close to me that has any real selection of USA Jacksons(south central indiana).
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Im strictly a play before you buy type and the isnt a shop close to me that has any real selection of USA Jacksons
              This is a pretty common thing, most music stores(read GC, SA) don't have any USA models and don't keep very many imports either

I used to feel the same way, you can do quite a bit with set ups and unless there is a real problem(somewhat unlikely) you'll do fine buying before you play. Hell I got my favorite guitar off of ebay. It needed cleaning and a set up but aside from that a true find!

Even with all the horror stories you hear about mail order, it just seems to be a pain in the ass more than a bad decision. I've also had great luck buying and trading with board members here....
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                I've also had great luck buying and trading with board members here....
                ...which of course, FYI, you can't do - officially - unless you're a Platinum member, Twitch.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  ...which of course, FYI, you can't do - officially - unless you're a Platinum member, Twitch.
                  You can't post WTS or WTB ads but you can respond to platinum members who do in the classifieds section. I've bought items here and gotten great deals so keep it in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    ...but that is the only one that I just cant bare to part with. Like it has a soul or somethin.....
                    I understand what you're saying - my Charvel M6 is like that. And even though I have had guitars that actually play a little smoother (a beautiful Charvel 750XL for instance), the M6 is the one I keep going back to.

Welcome to the JCF! I hope you will like it here.

Comment

Working...
                    X