Uli interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uli interview

For those interested there is an interview with Uli on Ultimate Guitar, enjoy.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...ove_music.html
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Man, I just love the way he thinks and feels, maybe even more than his playing! I think Hendrix would be proud to have influenced such a magnificent musician and composer as Uli Roth.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

wow....dean sky guitars....wonder if they will have the ugly V headstock.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        wow....dean sky guitars....wonder if they will have the ugly V headstock.
        Nope...here's a pic from NAMM this year...

Can't believe I missed him this year, couldn't swing a pass to the event at The Grove on Friday night...oh well, been fortunate enough to see him at least 5 times over the last couple of years...it's like a religious experience every time he plays...man, wish Bill was around to chime in with some over-zealous Uli worship here!
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I'd love to try out one of those Sky guitars. No way I could actually afford one, I'm sure.

Comment

The run is only 50 guitars, so yeah, they are probably pretty steep.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It was discusssed in one of the NAMM threads... it's $9k!

Comment

FWIW, that guitar was about 15 feet off the ground so as to keep everyone away...

Would have been fun to play, I DID get to play his prototype that 17th Street Guitars in Santa Monica made for him back at 2006 NAMM -

Note that there's a single coil pickup beneath the 24th fret...just too cool!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
                X