Soccer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer.

We got any soccer fans here? I figure our european brothers should chime in. As a background I'm a highschool varsity player. But im looking for players as well as professional fans. AC MILAN!!!

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Lucky guys, I bet Berlusconi lets them to have orgies in his villa and supplies them with top notch coke straight from mafia.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

soccer is so gaaay,
      soccer is so gaaaaaay....

sorry, I couldn't resist. maybe I'm just not much of a sports-man...
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Soccer is my life along with my music. AEK is my club, go to the stadium every match, no matter the weather or how well we're doing. I absolutely love the sport, don't know what I'm gonna do when I head back to Canada. Hockey doesn't do it for me anymore.

I played quite a bit this season but hurt my knee before Christmas so have been our for a while.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I was there
        AEKARA OMADARA!
        Jackson RR3

Someday, an RR1

Comment

Soccer is the pussy version of ice hockey. :P
          Scott

Comment

Well, at least it says what it does: Football

instead of some other sport with that name
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I always thought that the game was boring, but the fact that so many who played it were the biggest bunch of pansies and crybabies in my neighborhood and how pro players are often more concerned about winning Academy Award than sportsmanship, just begs to make fun of it.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I personally can't stand the game. I think its an American thing asn its behind NFL, MLB, NHL. No one played soccer when I was a kid growing, and I mean no one. When I got to be an adult is when the wussy parents wanted their kids to participate is sports but wanted the least amount of injury risk...hence the popularity has grown here.

I work in broadcast so I've done my share of European matches...those are some die-hard football nuts over there....
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  I work in broadcast so I've done my share of European matches...those are some die-hard football nuts over there....
                  Greece and that whole area is pretty bad but South America is worse though.
                  Hooligans were from poor working class but today they are just a bunch of lifeless idiots. What's the point of getting all that excited when a bunch of assholes are chasing a friggin' ball? I'm all about being loud and whatnot but beating the shit out of each other because of a stupid game is plain retarded.

US sports fans are more civil but you still got that retarded jock worshipping going on in colleges. They are just a bunch of sweaty retards, no reason to treat them as rockstars.

Comment

I wish I'd ignored my Mother and played more football rather than studying and working hard at school. I might have been a multi-millionaire with a gorgeous wife then, rather than a fucking skint loser.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      Greece and that whole area is pretty bad but South America is worse though.
                      Hooligans were from poor working class but today they are just a bunch of lifeless idiots. What's the point of getting all that excited when a bunch of assholes are chasing a friggin' ball? I'm all about being loud and whatnot but beating the shit out of each other because of a stupid game is plain retarded.
                      Hooliganism does happen here in Greece (I can't comment on South America though it happens there too) but here it is an extreme minority. Normally just a bunch of teens who got a little too excited. The majority of the supporters (myself included) go to the stadium to create a good atmosphere and cheer on the team (and to enjoy the match, obviously). I just wanted to say that so people don't start thinking we're all a bunch of hooligans running around fighting each other for nothing.

Poland is pretty bad, from what I've seen. They actually have people who train in martial arts so they can fight others. And most of them are proud of this.
                      AEKARA OMADARA!
                      Jackson RR3

Someday, an RR1

Comment

Originally posted by AEK-Jackson Fan View Post
                        Hooliganism does happen here in Greece (I can't comment on South America though it happens there too) but here it is an extreme minority. Normally just a bunch of teens who got a little too excited. The majority of the supporters (myself included) go to the stadium to create a good atmosphere and cheer on the team (and to enjoy the match, obviously). I just wanted to say that so people don't start thinking we're all a bunch of hooligans running around fighting each other for nothing.

Poland is pretty bad, from what I've seen. They actually have people who train in martial arts so they can fight others. And most of them are proud of this.
                        Luckly these days the hooligans are minority everywhere in Europe, it was horrible though a couple of decades ago.
                        I haven't heard much about Polish hooligans but many complain about the fans from Turkey or Balkan area.
                        Our police is always very alarmed when Russian fans come over here. Nothing big has happened yet but it's always very very dense.

But in some parts of South America there's still tons of retards. I mean actually killing players or putting themselves on fire.

Comment

btw. you live in Athens? A friend of mine played in AEK, not in football team but basketball... should be the same organization though?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                            We got any soccer fans here? I figure our european brothers should chime in. As a background I'm a highschool varsity player. But im looking for players as well as professional fans. AC MILAN!!!

I used to coach Special Olympics soccer. My specialty was defense. That was way back in my school days. Now I just play goalie with my friends in backyard games. Its too bad ESPN doesn't show more foot ball games

Comment

I played goalkeeper for over 20 years. I have to say, I love playing the game, but typically cannot stand to watch a match these days. I can understand why many people believe the sport is boring, but it is far from not being a physical game. You have to have incredible conditioning to essentially be running the entire 90 minutes. And while many of you feel that soccer players are pansies, I challenge you to hit the pitch. Soccer can be a very dirty game...the shit that I've seen guys do challenging for the ball is unreal. The injuries that I've seen are horrendous...compound fractures...lower legs and ankles turned to jelly. Many tackles are just as intense as a hit you'd take playing football or hockey. I do agree that there are many showboats and crybabies that play the sport and probably more than play other sports, but you'll find that in all sports--there is probably a larger population of professional soccer players than any other international sport though too. So if you don't like the sport, don't watch it...but if you haven't played the sport at a somewhat high level, don't rag on its physicality or the people who play it.

Comment

Working...
                              X