Can't buy a damn Wii to save my life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't buy a damn Wii to save my life!

Ok, after seeing the new SuperMario in action at Wally World, I decided I lack a Wii. NO ONE has one in stock. Online retailers are sold out (except for the crackheads who want considerably more than the $200 MSRP + shipping).

WTF? Are they just not making them in large numbers or has this thing become the new Crack?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I'm surprised they are that hard to find now, usually its the period before Christmas that they are unavailable and they aren't exactly new on the scene anymore.

When I got mine for the kids I asked the guy at Best Buy when the next shipment was coming in and he told me, so I showed up when the store opened and was able to get one, although several people got the same info and were already waiting in line before the place opened. Now that I think about it, that was around March or April so maybe they are withholding production to inflate the demand or something. Crazy.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

This website is for sale! wiitracker.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, wiitracker.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Wow. My sister randomly got one one day and it was fine. I didn't know there was a shortage still? :think:
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Newc,

I don't know if they're near you but gamestop usually has some in stock and the new mario is great!!!

store link : http://www.gamestop.com/lwii

TN locations : http://web.sa.mapquest.com/gamestop/...&submit=Search
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I didn't think there were shortages anymore. I used the wiitracker site to get mine from Target a couple years back when they would sell out in minutes.

Gamestop usually has some used ones if you don't mind not getting a new one.

Maybe lowering the price to $200 increased demand?
            Last edited by Spivonious; 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              Gamestop usually has some used ones if you don't mind not getting a new one.
              I bought mine new from gamestop.:think:
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Gamestop has refurbs for $169. They sell the new ones for $200, but show out of stock right now. Best Buy site says they have them in stock for $200, at least when I just checked.

Comment

don't forget to try some tennis once you got one!!

tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Sup?

I would say try Craigslist, I looked at my area and there are 6 just for today and yesterday..http://huntsville.craigslist.org/vgm/

but I looked around your area and it seems to be pretty bare there.:think: There seem to be 1 or two avail. but I also see people posting trying to get in touch with the sellers.
                    People must have figured out you can mod them and snatched them up.:idea:

Hell Matt, If I wasn't just flat fuckin broke and hadn't been sitting home with no work for the last month and a half(drywall work is down big time here), I'd just buy one and ship it to you.

I got mine used off of Craigslist last year....then modded the hell out of it and never even had to open it up. Its awesome, I play all my games off of a USB Hdd and they run Soooooo much smoother, as the wii drive only spins at 6x. + there is so much more you can do with them, hell I can even watch movies and you can even play older console games(NEs,Snes Sega, Colecovision, etc) and so much more.

Anyway good luck with your search brother

MOSHON
                    DAVE
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

frys.com and circuitcity.com should have them. During Christmas Bestbuy had tons of them, so did Target ahd Wallyworld.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Walk into any Costco (if you're a member).
                        I was just there a few days ago... they have pallets of them.
                        Hell, even the Target down the street has them in stock.
                        -Rick

Comment

I feel your pain...
                          5 best buys
                          7 wal marts
                          4 targets
                          3 game spots
                          Finally, a kid a best buy tells me they will be in on sunday @11am. I had to wait in line with some "blue-hairs" but got one. It is a blast to play though.

Comment

Not owning a Wii will probably save your life.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Not owning a Wii will probably save your life.
                              Maybe he wants to get a Wii Fit to save his life.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X