Sorry about that, A-hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gestures aren't so bad.

A couple of summers back I was slowing my motorcycle to make a left turn from a 2-lane highway onto a rural road and noticed that the only other car in sight, a small late model import piloted by a chick / cell-phone combination, was approaching rapidly from the rear. Said pilot was apparently completely oblivious to my flashing turn signal, hand signal indicating my intent to turn left & brake light as she was not bothering to slow down at all. Having seen this movie before, I prepared to swerve off the road to the right to avoid the imminent crash. Just before that became necessary the offending cage pilot, without signalling her intent and without slowing at all, passed me on the left. Had I attempted the left turn I'd planned to make I wouldn't be here to post this message today.

Rather than merely make a rude gesture in her general direction as she passed I caught up to her, pulled alongside, kicked her drivers' side door as hard as I could a few times, pointed to my still flashing turn signal and then and only then made a rude gesture.

Stupid? Sure. But I'll do it again next time as well. If you ride the life I save might be yours.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
      I caught up to her, pulled alongside, kicked her drivers' side door as hard as I could a few times, pointed to my still flashing turn signal and then and only then made a rude gesture.

Stupid? Sure. But I'll do it again next time as well. If you ride the life I save might be yours.
      Ha ha right on, I used to do stuff like that when I rode too. The real pisser though is that these airheads don't realize they did anything wrong.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Yeah, I hate kids....almost as much as I hate really long sig lines containing every piece of gear the newb owns currently!
        I guess it is a good thing I left out my non guitar gear then.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Ha ha right on, I used to do stuff like that when I rode too.
          Same here. Doing a "wanker" hand sign at someone is bad, but riding after them, drawing your finger across your throat as you kick their wing mirror off is perfectly acceptable in my book. There's usually a fucking good reason to do it, ie. they would have killed me with their stupidity, not just dented another car. You don't often get chance to pull over after a collision between a car and a bike to swap details, so losing your rag with some dumb cunt in a cage who isn't paying attention is absolutely the way forward.

Unless it's my Jag.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Being a former limo driver, I had to deal with assholes who could not drive daily. Suprisingly I did not have road rage and just reported dickhead to the state patrol. I don't care what the other driver looks like, these days anyone can carry a gun.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to refrain from getting too angry for fear of getting shot/followed home. It's a great world we live in, huh?

Rather than merely make a rude gesture in her general direction as she passed I caught up to her, pulled alongside, kicked her drivers' side door as hard as I could a few times, pointed to my still flashing turn signal and then and only then made a rude gesture.
              You are my hero.
              Scott

Comment

You get dragged from your car a lot?
                Good catch!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah, I hate kids....almost as much as I hate really long sig lines containing every piece of gear the newb owns currently!
                  As I was scrolling down the thread, I felt something irritating my eyes...

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                  I guess it is a good thing I left out my non guitar gear then.
                  Do you have any amps or just guitars?
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    As I was scrolling down the thread, I felt something irritating my eyes...

Do you have any amps or just guitars?
                    I have a Marshall fukk stack which is really way more than I need.... I have a 100W Peavey bass amp, and a Peavey keyboard amp... can't recall how many watts that is though... I could go look, but too fuggin lazy.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I have a Marshall fukk stack
                      Holy shit I NEED one of these.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Indeed.... she is always ready to go and the best part is: I don't have to cuddle after.

Comment

Indeed.... she is always ready to go and the best part is: I don't have to cuddle after.
                          :ROTF:
                          Sam

Comment

Working...
                          X