Looking to fet Macbook Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to fet Macbook Pro...

...for recording. My question is that I see Logic 9, Logic Pro, Logic Express, and Logic Studio..... What is the difference between these all? Am I correct to assume that Studio is the best of them all? I really don't know.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

The difference is Logical captain.

I thought this was a thread about getting a Macbook reet cheap, along with some dirt cheap cuts of meat.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I just got a MacBook Pro... would also like to know what makes a good recording setup. Can't believe it took me so long to finally ditch Winblows.

Comment

I finally got to use a Mac today and I really like the OS. I've used a couple kinds of Linux but OSX is just so much better feeling to use. I can get a discount on a Mac because I'm a registered university student now. I can get a basic Macbook for under a grand though I'll definitely up the RAM and hard drive size which will cost a bit more but it definitely seems worth it. I really like the touchpad and that the whole thing is one giant button.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          I finally got to use a Mac today and I really like the OS. I've used a couple kinds of Linux but OSX is just so much better feeling to use. I can get a discount on a Mac because I'm a registered university student now. I can get a basic Macbook for under a grand though I'll definitely up the RAM and hard drive size which will cost a bit more but it definitely seems worth it. I really like the touchpad and that the whole thing is one giant button.
          do you mean this thing?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Wonder if they come with a spell check too.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
              Wonder if they come with a spell check too.

I am quite sure they will.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Fetting one, christ on a stick I had Viking helmet a flashback there!
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                  Where are you going to school?
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    Where are you going to school?
                    The University of Saskatchewan. It's a 5 minute walk from my house.
                    Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    Haha. I remember that. No, not that. Though I do wonder if someone would actually buy it.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I didn't know Squier were even making crappy knock-off Macbooks.

I miss Fett and his cheap weirdness (weird cheapness?), not enough to visit the Kramer forum tho.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

love my MBP, and have been using garageband with my tone port for recording. dig it.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

more expensive logic has more features, cheaper ones work for home recording but for pro work you may need all the bells, whistles and the fucking hot shit.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Glad I wasn't the first to make a Fett comment here
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                            X