Lost my cat today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my cat today....

to cancer and I'm in a really crappy mood. Baby has been with us since 1998 and is older than my 2 sons. We picked her up from an animal hospital and she just became one of the family. We went thru 3 moves and she watched her 2 brothers grow up. A couple of months ago, she started to get lethargic and started getting finicky about her food. When we took her to the vet, we were told that she had cancer, but was also old, so there wasn't much that could be done. Fast forward a month and she practically stopped eating and was always short of breath. We made the appointment to bring her to the vet to have her put to sleep. The vet examined her and told us it was the right choice to end her suffering. My wife and I were both with her during the procedure and we watched as she relaxed and went to a better place. We were both in tears, but I knew what we did was right. And thus, my crappy mood today.

We will always love and remember you Baby.

Sorry to hear it man.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sorry about that dude.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this... It's tough losing a pet who's become a family member.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Baby.

Comment

Awww, sorry to hear, Pete.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My sincerest condoleances.

Comment

That just sucks..

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm so sorry, but you did the right thing for her, and I know it was hard to do. You gave Baby a great life full of love. And she made your lives better too, with unconditional love.

When the time is right, give another kitten or cat that same opportunity for a beautiful life. You can save another life, and make your own better too. You already know how much it's true. No other cat can be Baby, but if you give them love they will give it back 100fold.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Too frequently I share the same sorrow. We foster wayward animals. Most are "last hope" cases, as in we are basically their only or last chance. We take in the unwanted, the ugly, the biters, runners, severely wounded, etc. Many are old or on their last leg of health for whatever reasons. Every time we lose one, a piece of me goes with them. It never gets any easier.

Take some time. Later, you might consider giving another animal a shot at the good life.
                      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

sorry for your loss, the death of a loved pet is always painful
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Deepest condolences, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            I'm so sorry, but you did the right thing for her, and I know it was hard to do. You gave Baby a great life full of love. And she made your lives better too, with unconditional love.

When the time is right, give another kitten or cat that same opportunity for a beautiful life. You can save another life, and make your own better too. You already know how much it's true. No other cat can be Baby, but if you give them love they will give it back 100fold.
                            Well said, Rich.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanx for the support Guys - had a night to sleep it off. It will take some time, but we will get thru this. String changes will never be the same without Baby attacking the strings.

Comment

Working...
                              X