Ouch (IRS / Tax content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch (IRS / Tax content)

so I filed my taxes today. Since I just bought a house, first time buyer I'm getting the 8k thing for that. As some may know I was all excepting because i want to get a guitar and get Mike Learn to paint it, etc. I'm even in contact with someone about buying a guitar right now.

file it, they tell me "Oh btw you can't electronically file this, because they want to double check since there's been so many frauds" so now I have to wait a couple months (hopefully only that long) to get that and my normal refund. so now that I'll be in contact with people (having expected the money in a week or two like normal) I'm sitting here having to back pedal now .

ah well. anyway it'll happen it's just a couple months longer.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Well, it's better than them coming back and saying you owe them money. Hope it works it's way through the process quickly for you.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Someone at some point in time said "Don't count your chickens before they've hatched".

At least you're not completely screwed, just a little inconvenienced.

Comment

Yeah, I just needed to vent, it was like getting kicked in the nuts. The money i'm getting for the first time buyers isn't really going to be mine, i have someone i owe that to for helping with the down payment. i just feel like an ass now because the expectation was it would be with in the month. lol. I'm hoping they are understanding and I don't end up with an accident, you know where one of my hands or legs get broken by means and people unknown

lol
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'm also gunning for this tax credit this year. My accountant told me that I can file my taxes without the tax credit right away, get the initial refund, and then amend my return for a marginal fee of like $50 later in the year and at that point apply for the tax credit.

Comment

Amending your tax return after initial filing is a red flag to the Feds. Although not uncommon, you do increase your risk of an audit by doing so.

Comment

A few years ago I received a letter from IRS stating that I owed $33K in back taxes. Luckily, it was an error that was quickly and easily fixed. I knew it wasn't an issue but I still nearly pooped my pants.

Comment

Sorry, my poop detector just went off.

As you were.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                X