A rant....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant....

When I had an income where I could afford a guitar I couldn't find the one's I was looking for, but now you guys are building that insanely beautiful LTD with silver flames, I find a sweetone for sale and several nice production model Jacksons.. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else that has this problem?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

no, never. I have way too much money.
    yah right.

Comment

The guitars I really want were only available when I did not have the money. So I spent 7 months saving. Well? WTF are they now?!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've noticed this phenomenon, I'm glad it's not just me.

It seems like when I've got as many as I think I can handle is when all the really cool ones show up. :ROTF:

Comment

This is the key to everything for me. I buy things that aren't exactly what I want, because they are my favorite things on the market at the time. Then 2 months later, I spot something that I like better, so I sell my old stuff and get the new thing (and usually take a loss selling the old stuff). The cycle goes on and on, with no real end in sight. It makes things interesting though
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I have the opposite problem now. I work at GC so i have the cool guitars comin to me. But i dont always have the extra cash for them. Altho i have amassed quite a collection lately.
            Gil

Comment

I hear ya Gil.
              Used to work at a music store myself, back in the late '80's, when all the cool shit was smackin' me in the face... Kramers, Charvels, HM Strats... you name it.

Glad I made it out alive.

At least you get to play the cool ones.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

My timing is the worst. I've always got an eye out for early archtop Soloists, and the only time they show up is right after I make a big purchase. It's like some kind of bad joke at this point.

Comment

So this SweeTone, is it a Jazz'R or the Dinky-looking thing?

And yeah, it seems all the good stuff pops up only when the economy's in the shitter.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    And yeah, it seems all the good stuff pops up only when the economy's in the shitter.
                    I think that is no accident.
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X