What's good in Atlanta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good in Atlanta?

I'll be visiting Atlanta next month for a few days. I've never been there before, is there anything anyone that can think of that is worth checking out? Tours, restaurants or shops? I haven't seen my girlfriend in 5 months so we'll need something to do when we come up for air She's not in Atlanta so I can't rely on any input from her.

Leaving Atlanta has always been my best memory.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

for such a big town, atlanta sucks, no real good music scene, not a lot of nite-life,(tittie bars are good here though). falini's pizza joints are great cheap food. taco mac's are good bar food plus millions of beers to chose from. see who's playing at the masquerade, an old mill converted veneue. little five points or virginia highlands has got a few cool bars and clubs. other than these, its a suck fest, nice and pretty place to live but boring as all hell.
      DK2 EERIE DESS
      KE3 CUSTOM
      KELLY PROFESSIONAL
      KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
      RR3 PRO
      BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
      KRAMER VOYAGER
      LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
      TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

I've been in Atlanta since 1985, so I agree with Bradstang. It is a pretty boring city unless you are a Hip-Hop fan. I do suggest going to the Varsity on North Ave by the Ga Tech campus for a chili dog and frosted orange. We do have the World of Coke tour where you can sample different flavors from around the world. The Ga aquarium is pretty cool, too.
        Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 02-23-2010, 09:56 PM.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I did check online also and saw some points of interest. Chili dogs? I'm gonna check that out! Thanx Although the consensus is Altanta sucks, I'll find a way to make it fun. I think we'll possibly hit up the Botanic gardens (not very metal, but the girl will dig it). And, super cheesy... never been... Medieval times! Go Blue Knight! How's the aquarium? It looks about as expansive as the Baltimore aquarium, which is very nice.

Comment

The aquarium is nice, everything in ATL is expensive. The zoo is nice as well, there are many venues for local music scattered all around the metro area, there's art museums and fernbank.

Prolly not your thing, but some great camping and fishing areas, six flags, etc ......

If you tell us the date range your gonna be here, I'll check out the club scene for any good shows ..... Megadeth will be at the Tabernacle on the 21st(IIRC) with Exodus and Testament. This is one of the shows where they're gonna do all of RIP anyway, there's tons of shit to do in this area .......
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'll be there from March 12 to the 17th. I had looked into the Megadeth Show since I'd be missing it at DC's 9:30 Club on the 15th. But no dice... thanks for checking for me Jay.

Comment

There's a lot of Civil War history down there if that sort of thing turns you on.

Maybe you join a battle reenactment as Major Johnson and your girl dresses up as a sexy battlefield nurse?
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

+1 for the Varsity. It's a landmark for sure.

I've lived in Atlanta since the 1960s. There used to be a lot of historic places to see, but I think most of them have been covered up by modern buildings.

For Civil War stuff, there's the Cyclorama and Stone Mountain, plus some other battlefields to the north.

If you want to check out gear stores, try Atlanta Discount Music in Chamblee and Music Brokers in Roswell.
                  Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I was going to say "The ride out of town." but I see somebody got to that in the first post.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the Buckhead bars but watch out for Ray Lewis
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                        You got that right !!
                        Last edited by Horse Called War; 02-28-2010, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I've seen the Landmark on TV, I'll definitely check it out. I like camping and fishing but I won't be flying down with all that type of equipment. I hear there's a ton of bars over in Buckhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                            Can't agree with you more!

Comment

Sharkfin,

I don't really know what you and the girlfriend are into(music wise). The masquerade will have a reasonably decent rock band 'the red jump suit apparatus' on Sun. 14th, and if she digs metal(black metal) there's the Goatwhore show on Tues 16th.

Anyways, here's a link that will let you pull up all kinds of different events for while you'll be here(just change the date tab on the top). On the left sidebar you'll see many choices of culture, comedy, concerts, etc....

Side note, the link is set for March 12th
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X