Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting seriously tired of some band members lacking commitment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just play in both bands and make the new one priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_Crunch View Post
      Just play in both bands and make the new one priority.
      (keep )Playing in a band that gets on your nerves isn't a good idea

better just start fresh
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Tell them that you are starting a band called "Wet Melker Melkersson" which plays ABBA covers while being oiled and shirtless.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          (keep )Playing in a band that gets on your nerves isn't a good idea
          I've come to that conclusion myself as well, have been seriously pissed of for the last few weeks, can't stand it anymore. Feels much better now.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
            I've come to that conclusion myself as well, have been seriously pissed of for the last few weeks, can't stand it anymore. Feels much better now.
            I went through a similar situation about a year ago. At that time, I had been with that previous band for over 3 years. But the last 6 to 8 months, the band had not evolved, we were not growing musicaly and the singer was a control freak with the original stuff we were doing. Even in the last weeks I was with the guys, I had lost the "fun" factor. I had tried talking to the guy but each time it was a lost of time. One evening after a rehearsal, I packed my stuff and told the guy I was quiting. That was it. I did lost some friends but it removed like a huge wieght on my shoulders.

I started a new project at around the time I quit my previous band. This time I am not investing myself as much. I've learned a lot . My new project is "fun" related. Is it perfect? No, but at least I play music that relates to my taste and I jam once in a while with other musicians. We even have a gig booked in May.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Back in 97/00 I was in a starter band

after a while drummer and guitarist shifted their attention to a different project together
              bassplayer (my sister ) always forgot how the songs started and always came up with lame excuses to not practice at home.
              Saturdaynights we practiced, and while i was downstairs hooking and warming up the rest spend an hour upstairs drinking coffee

I spent my weeknights practicing, knew every song by heart, even those parts of the other strings
              focused 100% on the band
              But after 3 years having only 7 songs -none ever played flawlessly- and no true commitment from the other members
              I figured with personal problems I was having at the time, adding another irritation wasn't worth it

And it wasn't: drummer was glad he and the other guitarist could put the full 100% in their brainchild
              Sister has 2 bassguitars gathering dust for the past 9 years

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nightbat, you have too much patience to spare...
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Ironic, since my personal problems at the time came from my patience running out on several matters that had been simmering for years

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Now it's all done.

They didn't seem to understand my frustration, but whatever.

I will play the final gig this Friday, and after that the band most likely will dissolve completely.

Comment

In a vat of acid? Nice touch.

My advice would be to finish the last number by doing a great big poo in the middle of the stage. It will be the gig that will go down in local history, and you will be the man in demand. Possibly.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                        Piss on their car seats and get a cheap ass fucking bass and wreck a car with it. Far as splitting bands goes, works every time.
                        I was waiting to see if anyone would say this because I really wanted to. But I am sure someone would not pass up this dig at wouters.
                        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          In a vat of acid? Nice touch.

My advice would be to finish the last number by doing a great big poo in the middle of the stage. It will be the gig that will go down in local history, and you will be the man in demand. Possibly.
                          It would in all seriousness be fun fun to do something stupid on stage. Any ideas?

Comment

wait til the drummer is nice and sweaty near the end of theset
                            turn on a STRONG fan
                            point it at him
                            dump powdered sugar in front of it
                            watch him turn to stone! lol

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X