props to my local guitar shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• props to my local guitar shop...

geez sorry if i posted in the wrong place. i am so excited about my trip to the local shop i have to share. it was just so damn pleasant. i didnt even really buy anything but man they are good people. im in customer service so i guess i am sensitive to good or bad service - mostly bad. of course they have a fine selection of upper end Jackson goodness! good service blows my mind usually. so anyways if you are ever near Dublin CA you should stop into www.hertleinguitars.com. no i dont work there. lol. ok i am pretty close to a local GC which i frequently drive 50 miles round trip to. cant beat the prices but the store is total chaos and its not much fun when there are a bunch of teenage kids crowding the place playing MOP riffs...
    hertlein guitars? wow! totally squared away and tons of inventory! their store is really cozy. i know weird but go there and you will see. i just stopped in for grins and to buy strings and picks. me and the counter dude - i dunno know his name. we b/s'd about pups and stuff and he showed me this trick to keep picks from turning or slipping in your fingers...
    use a paper punch and cut a hole in the middle of the pick! brilliant! for free he told me this...
    so anyways it turns out they match guitar center prices on comparable stuff too! d'addarrio strings $5.99! i swear i do not work there!!! nice selection of amps and guitars and drums - everything GC has. you got to ask to play stuff but hey thats fine i guess...
    so its a nice place. there are tons of crappy music shops in the ca east bay so bounce down to Dublin sometime...
    ...I will secretly play a Les Paul when nobody is looking...

WTB really badly...Dean Custom 450 w emg's...

DXMG
    SL3
    LTD M200fm

I'm about 20 mins away from there and visit the shop every now and then. I usually only browse or pick up small items but have always received decent service.

Comment

I used to use a dremel and would drill several 1mm holes in the pick body to help with grip. Roughing up smooth ones with some heavy grit sandpaper helps too.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I grab an Xacto knife and run it over the pick to get a 'diamond' pattern
        deep enough to get the lines portruding but shallow enough to keep the pick stiff
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

yeah, I'm a dremel guy too.
          I guess a paper punch won't do the trick with Jazz IIIs...

but anyway nice to see there's still shops which take some time to have a chat with the customer.
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I run my fingers over a cheesegrater, far better. Rather than having to treat hundreds of picks, I only have to do my fingers the one time. See, no flies on me.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by krautstyle View Post
              geez sorry if i posted in the wrong place. i am so excited about my trip to the local shop i have to share. it was just so damn pleasant. i didnt even really buy anything but man they are good people. im in customer service so i guess i am sensitive to good or bad service - mostly bad. of course they have a fine selection of upper end Jackson goodness! good service blows my mind usually. so anyways if you are ever near Dublin CA you should stop into www.hertleinguitars.com. no i dont work there. lol. ok i am pretty close to a local GC which i frequently drive 50 miles round trip to. cant beat the prices but the store is total chaos and its not much fun when there are a bunch of teenage kids crowding the place playing MOP riffs...
              hertlein guitars? wow! totally squared away and tons of inventory! their store is really cozy. i know weird but go there and you will see. i just stopped in for grins and to buy strings and picks. me and the counter dude - i dunno know his name. we b/s'd about pups and stuff and he showed me this trick to keep picks from turning or slipping in your fingers...
              use a paper punch and cut a hole in the middle of the pick! brilliant! for free he told me this...
              so anyways it turns out they match guitar center prices on comparable stuff too! d'addarrio strings $5.99! i swear i do not work there!!! nice selection of amps and guitars and drums - everything GC has. you got to ask to play stuff but hey thats fine i guess...
              so its a nice place. there are tons of crappy music shops in the ca east bay so bounce down to Dublin sometime...

Is this the same place that used to be Music Unlimited? If so I'm getting getting the feeling they have new owners with the new name and fired all the staff that used to work there. Because that place was the biggest shit hole you could fall into. They had incredibly over prices stuff, their staff was pushy as hell. That's also where I took classical guitar lessons.

This is also the place that caused me to hate Jackson guitars for several years. The then owner's wife was their jackson rep according to them and every time I asked about an option (pretty simple stuff) I got no's and it was all bullshit. anyway

So if all that has changed then I am actually pretty happy to hear it. That was a pretty good size space for a guitar shop and if the owner sold out they should have some really nice classic Les Pauls on the wall (and out of reach) Sadly for me it came 20 something years too late lol

Used to, a couple blocks away there was Runzo's music as well, they used to be the only real place you could get Jacksons, in fact the first Jackson I ever saw was this bright ass yellow one probably 88 or 89 that they had. They were the ones I almost picked up the vtrem LTD but I got the other one for about 600 dollars cheaper so i went with that.
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
              X