No announcement yet.

RIP Corey Haim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the clothing for example was great!!
    IMO it's not just the test of time. of course the 80s were, let's say... weird in many ways, but after watching it, I just had the impression it's more of a kids movie.
    I'm sure I would have liked it better in my early teens...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      At least he didn't dress up like Michael Jackson like that other moron.

Frankly, he won't be missed.
      Neither will his weak-ass movies. Goonies was probably his best role because he could play the hyperactive and annoying "shut the hell up before I slap the piss out of you kid!" thing perfectly. I wanted to slap his damn head off.
      He failed hard at the "Joe Cool" type of characters because he was simply too weak of an actor IMO.
      Well considering his MOTHER found him I am thinking SOMEONE will miss him....

Comment

Hey, you should see Lost boys 2. that REALLY sucked! Feldman was hilarious in it though, its almost like he knew the movie was going to suck bad, so he intentionally made fun of it within the movie in a way.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          Yeah, you kind of had to see it back then. Similar to other 80s movies like the Goonies, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, etc.

NO MO YANKEEE MY WANKEEE!!!!!! DONGER NEED FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
            Lost Boys was great at the time but it is not a movie built to stand the test of time
            so your saying those modified street/dirt bikes that looked like they came out of the "the road warrior" arent cool???

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
              Uh......newc........um..... Haim wasnt in the goonies. that was Corey Feldman.

He was in The Lost boys with Feldman.

Feldman was great in "the 'burbs". funny ass movie and the rocker kid next door painting his house thing was perfect for him. great part.
              Oh yeah, I was thinking Haim played the main kid, but that's the guy that ended up as Samwise in LOTR.

Anyway, never saw a Haim movie I liked. Good riddance.

And no, the Lost Boys was not good when it came out. Teenage Hollywood Vampires? Seriously? Weak. Keifer Sutherland is lucky to have a career after that. Hell, isn't he the only one of that bunch still active?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by fordsho90 View Post
                Well considering his MOTHER found him I am thinking SOMEONE will miss him....
                Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Oh yeah, I was thinking Haim played the main kid, but that's the guy that ended up as Samwise in LOTR.

Anyway, never saw a Haim movie I liked. Good riddance.

And no, the Lost Boys was not good when it came out. Teenage Hollywood Vampires? Seriously? Weak. Keifer Sutherland is lucky to have a career after that. Hell, isn't he the only one of that bunch still active?
                he was apparently caring for his mother as she battled cancer. So now she has to deal with her own illness as well as mourn her son. Good riddance, in deed. :think:

You don't like his movies, fine. But why you gotta act like a choad over his death?

I hadn't commented in this thread until now because as sad as it is that someone died unnecessarily, I didn't know the guy & wasn't greatly affected by his work. But I don't feel a compulsion to come goosestepping into a thread where people are offering their commiserations to shit all over the guy either.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  he was apparently caring for his mother as she battled cancer. So now she has to deal with her own illness as well as mourn her son. Good riddance, in deed. :think:

You don't like his movies, fine. But why you gotta act like a choad over his death?

I hadn't commented in this thread until now because as sad as it is that someone died unnecessarily, I didn't know the guy & wasn't greatly affected by his work. But I don't feel a compulsion to come goosestepping into a thread where people are offering their commiserations to shit all over the guy either.
                  wow. thats like an educated man's way of saying newc is being a dick.

Comment

My GF worked on their reality show. 20+ years of chemical abuse. It's sad, but I'm not shocked at all. He was a mess. I feel bad for his Mom. What can she do?
                    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Not an OD after all. Read about here.

Comment

Sad end, but at least he is cleared of it being an OD. Funny how people actually want to think the worst, isn't it?
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich he had a drug problem so that would be he first thing that comes to mind for most folks.

I don't understand why these folks don't go to the doctor when they get this sick. Same with the actress recently who died (can't recall her name) but if they went to the Dr, they were sick enough to put in the hosiptal for treatment, nursed back and recover to live on.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I will be happy when that awful green digital grading dies in Hollywood
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              I will be happy when that awful green digital grading dies in Hollywood
                              :think:
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                                :think:
                                well, for example if Orlando Bloom dies, I'm not gonna be happy even though I think he's a horrible actor but I will celebrate when they stop over powering those green and teal tones during digital colour grading... that shit started after Matrix got big... and now all these rubbish Saw flicks and other crap keep doing it, Gordon Willis retired the right time, he'd get an heart attack when they'd do that shit to his work.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X