No announcement yet.

RIP Corey Haim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Endrik is referring to the "Bleach Bypass" look in films, where it's a high contrast but still looks washed out.

There is a good mouseover pic that demonstrates the look here... http://www.redpawmedia.com/bleachbypass.html

Hollywood is doing this for the "gritty" look and adds a greenish tint to things on top of it in films like The Matrix or Saving Private Ryan. Add in artificial image noise/grain for seasoning.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I think Endrik is referring to the "Bleach Bypass" look in films, where it's a high contrast but still looks washed out.

There is a good mouseover pic that demonstrates the look here... http://www.redpawmedia.com/bleachbypass.html

Hollywood is doing this for the "gritty" look and adds a greenish tint to things on top of it in films like The Matrix or Saving Private Ryan. Add in artificial image noise/grain for seasoning.
      Ah, okay. Not sure what that has to do with Corey Haim.

I think today's filmmakers get carried away with the power of digital editing. That will die down in 5-10 years.
      Scott

Comment

Saving Private Ryan didn't look disturbing as it didn't have that overexposed neon-ish green shit going on, the film seemed very desaturated and had more of an old school documentary look. I believe they did chemical processing instead of digital with the film and purposely didn't saturated much of the warmer colours... Bleach Bypass filter gives that effect too.
        Matrix was Matrix, it was the first one with that greenish look but when everyone starts doing it for every type of movie, it gets really annoying.

Spiv. look at some of the posts above to see the logical continuation of these posts.
        Last edited by Endrik; 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

if they could only chemically or digitally make the actual stories better that they release today we'd be in the driver's seat.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Stories are stories, you are not gonna write a totally unique story in 21st century, but it's still possible to write a good story... good films are still being made, you just have to look beyond Hollyweird who doesn't like individual style anymore. Story isn't even that important... it's the stylistics. Big studios like certain directing, acting, filming and editing methods and not signature styles. That's why no one even remembers all those summer blockbusters after a couple of years anymore. People who saw Antonioni's "Blowup" in '66 still remember it wether they liked it or not because it's stylistically very distinctive, on a pure visual scale it looks so sexy and cool.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

blah blah blah, how would you know, you had yourself surgically removed, so shut up-lol
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                People who saw Antonioni's "Blowup" in '66 still remember it wether they liked it or not because it's stylistically very distinctive, on a pure visual scale it looks so sexy and cool.
                Blowup is remembered cos i has the scene w the Yardbirds with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck with Beck smashing his guitar. You know, h still has the same hair style! See:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeza1xeWKM
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  Rich he had a drug problem so that would be he first thing that comes to mind for most folks.

I don't understand why these folks don't go to the doctor when they get this sick. Same with the actress recently who died (can't recall her name) but if they went to the Dr, they were sick enough to put in the hosiptal for treatment, nursed back and recover to live on.
                  I understand that, Shawn, but it's like people WANT it to be an OD so they can say "Look at that piece of shit! I knew it!"

I'm just not happy the guy is dead. Not a big fan, liked a couple of his movies but really just sad for him, and for his mom who is still fighting cancer, now without her son to help.

As for why he didn't go to the doc, he probably had no insurance at this point, maybe he was embarrassed? Maybe he didn't realize it was as bad as it was? Hard to say, a lot of people are phobic of hospitals.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                    Blowup is remembered cos i has the scene w the Yardbirds with Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck with Beck smashing his guitar. You know, h still has the same hair style! See:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeza1xeWKM
                    well yeah, music fans remember that scene as do I being a huge fan, fashion gurus remember it for the clothing and models, photographers remember it for the photos, I've heard conspiracy theorists remember it because they think it's really about JFK but every movie buff knows it for something else... like being one of the most groundbreaking works ever perhaps... yeah that's it.

Comment

Working...
                    X