Wanna know what pisses me off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    fuck yea. Eddie invented the floyd rose. Floyd was just along for the ride and too mooch royalties off of him. Eddie invented the internet too. Al gore was full of shit on that one.
    lofl!!!!!!!
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Hey, I bet I know what pisses Leo Fender, Wayne Charvel and at some point in the future perhaps, Grover Jackson. When they decided to get back in the guitar mfg. game they had to use their first names or some variation and avoid patents they filed while their last names provide profits for some over rated guitar company(which the first named started).

Comment

I used to get involved in those conversations. Now.. I just nod my head and agree with everything I hear. If I am asked what kind of guitar I play (I play Ibanez and Washburn) I tell them whatever they want to hear. Regarding amps.. I play a Randall but if they want to hear Marshall or Fender.. thats cool too. Basically, I contribute little to nothing to the conversation except to thank them for coming to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I used to get involved in those conversations. Now.. I just nod my head and agree with everything I hear. If I am asked what kind of guitar I play (I play Ibanez and Washburn) I tell them whatever they want to hear. Regarding amps.. I play a Randall but if they want to hear Marshall or Fender.. thats cool too. Basically, I contribute little to nothing to the conversation except to thank them for coming to the show.
          Randall is waaaay under rated, especially the SS models. If everyone built their SS models like Randall does(the big diff is the power supply and the voicing) then the tube market would have a run for its money. Id snatch up a Randall RH200SC G2 in a heart beat if I could find one used. Their V and T series amps are great too. I still currently have a Randall Titan, 300w and the power supply to actually do maybe 200w w/o power supply slump(the #1 failing of most SS amps).

Comment

I hate the dicks who whine about people arguing with them.

But seriously, what pisses me off is everybody who thinks that you should know what ever song they like or else you suck.

Comment

For some reason in WV, redneck hillbilly meth heads pray to Angus Young.
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

You know what pisses me off? Is that other ass munches in bands think that you have to look or dress a certain way to the type of music you play; case in point.....

Back in the 80's after I got out of the Air Force they guys I use to jam with back in HS got together and formed a Hardcore/Thrash band. Now the three of them were long hairs and me just recently being discharged well wasnt lol, we played all originals and a Hell awaits cover. We played out three times a month and had a pretty decent following, well one night we were on a 4 band bill being the last to go on at 2300 well I had a dinner date w/my future inlaws so I was dressed nicer then your normal metal head at the time.

I knew I didnt have time to go back home and change so I just figured I shit can the nice shirt and roll with that, now mind you I wasnt dressed like a yuppy I mean I had a pair of 501's and combat boots on w/a nice shirt and a nicer leather anyway....I rolled up to the venue and went in the back door and the singer of the band that went on before us was standing there as they were doing their load in and he eyeballs me up and down and gives me this look and says to me "Poser" I looked at him and said what?? and he said it again, I was like WTF are you talking about? He say "look at the way your dressed and you dont have long hair" I then asked him if he had ever been to one of our show and he told me no and we shared some more choice words and our other guitarist Gino had to restrain me for putting a serious beatdown on this asshole. Anyway they did their set and I told the fucking cocksucker to stick around and go and enjoy the set, we go on do our thing place goes nuts blah blah blah and show ends and we start our load out and dick head makes his way out back and goes "Whoa you arent a poser huh" I told him to fuck off before I planted my size 11 1/2 in his chest, asshole.

I dont give a fuck what anyone looks like as long as it good, if I want to see a bunch of dudes all leathered up I will head over to the Blue Oyster Bar and if I wanna see too much makeup and lace I'll go Cheatah club
                Whatever you do just put on a good fucking show

Comment

wanna know what pisses me off the most? Fucking country music and the assholes that play it. I have NEVER, EVER come across a bunch of close minded assholes like that ever in my life. these fucking people think their shit is ice cream, and everyone wants a double scoop of it. I love rock, classic rock, metal, and some other stuff in small doses, but dammit, I hate, and yes I use the word HATE country music and I cannot fucking stand the people who play it. they think they are all on some throne atop the music world. guess what mr white trash sister humper, your not. your just another talentless bum that thinks because you know 3 guitar chords your an artist and going to be the next big thing on CMT. well your not. you might as well put the guitar down and go back to midnight shift in the automotive department at the local walmart store cuz thats your destiny. I am serious, there is NOTHING more I hate than country music. NOTHING.
                  GREAT country players are very cool and open minded. Chet Atkins played in every style. Brent Mason does too, and is absolutely incredible in playing jazz. Nothing to do with dumbass hicks who don't even know that a lot of the country licks came from black jazz music, no wonder that the ones who are actually good are jammin' western swing all the time.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    Now, the Beetles(not a huge fan here either) started something huge that will forever affect the rock community and by sheer happen stance, Revolution with the torn speaker in the studio. Giving rise to what at first was a fad leading other bands to purposely tear holes in their speakers for the new "fuzz" sound the grandfather to the modern high gain distortion. This was I see to be the most influential happening to affect rock music as a whole, and who gets more attention from the classic rockers and metal heads, Zepplin.
                    Now Ill throw out a disclaimer, sorry to derail the thread, though this does piss me off.
                    What pisses me off is people who don't know what they are talking about. The Beatles are admired (and more than any other band) because of their studio experiments, totally new tracking techniques, new miking techniques, new mixing techniques, looping etc. However they are not responsible for popularizing distorted guitar sounds. It's The Kinks, The Who and Clapton.
                    Thanks to Page, Led Zeppelin also did something that no one ever has done before. No one did that kind of guitar layers before or those open miking techniques. Page is one of the greatest and most copied producers of all time just like The Beatles' George Martin. Zep was a band with a remarkable concept and vision how the band should sound like, that's why they are so important.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I hate people who bitch about Page's playing.
                      So what if Page was sloppy? It was fucking Blues-based Rock and Roll, not fucking Classical. Jesus why is everyone so hung-up on the fact that Page did not play with total perfection? "Well, I CARE about the music I'm playing and want it to sound the best it can". Page didn't? Page knew what worked, and what works for a song is all a song needs. If it NEEDS to be perfect, like Classical, then fine, but to say Blues-based rock needs to be perfect is retarded.

And what Page did with 4 tracks most people can't do with unlimited tracks in a DAW. Page didn't need autotune or some other shit and obsess over whether or not something was perfect in someone else's inconsequential view. He went for what worked, and what worked for those songs works for those songs, regardless of who thinks what years down the road.

I also hate the uninformed who try to talk to you about music and equipment - they find out you play guitar and they ask "do you play lead or bass?" and "do you have a flat top or electric?", and they say "a-cue-stick" instead of "acoustic", and all I can do is look at them like the retards they are.

I then explain to them that my electrics are both flat-top and arched top, that an "acoustic" can also be flat and arched, and that it's "rhythm", not "bass". "Bass" is an entirely different instrument, and no one is so stupid as to only be able to play "leads", which are solos, and not be able to play rhythm.
                      I then inform them that I can in fact play bass, rhythm, and lead, and that I can play both types of music - Country and Western
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

its no fucking wonder foreign countries are kicking our ass.
                        Are you kidding me?

One simple question: What do you plan on doing about it besides running your cock holster? Exactly.
                        Last edited by DRM; 03-13-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Now, the Beetles(not a huge fan here either) started something huge that will forever affect the rock community and by sheer happen stance, Revolution with the torn speaker in the studio. Giving rise to what at first was a fad leading other bands to purposely tear holes in their speakers for the new "fuzz" sound the grandfather to the modern high gain distortion. .
                          Twitch you're off by a few decades, check out Link Wray.

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          What pisses me off is The Beatles .
                          Endrik I couldn't agree more with you.
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                            Are you kidding me? Just what the fuck do you know?
                            I think he meant in the educational sense. America is too hung up on what makes the balls and clit tingle rather than what makes the brain function beyond sending signals to the balls and clit. Do other countries have anything similar to C&W? Are there Russian folk ballads about the crops dying and the cart having a broken wheel? Are there Mexican folk songs about that? What about Japan and China and Norway and Germany and Africa? Do they have sad songs about the daily troubles of life?

I'm sure they do, but do they fucking worship at the altar of misery with those songs like Americans do?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If that's the case, then I'll retract my former statement. But if he meant what I think he meant...well...it's about to be funny.

Comment

these fucking people think their shit is ice cream, and everyone wants a double scoop of it.
                                can I just say..Tonemonster..thankyou for bringing this phrase into my life..I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X