Wanna know what pisses me off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    any guitarist that has ever been featured in a guitar mag, or any mag (or pamphlet) for that matter, flat out SUCKS! If a band has succeeded in getting a label to sign them, even their own independent label, then they are SELLOUT DOUCHEBAG FUCKS@!!! They are all shit. My kid sister can play better and she doesn't have any hands. I only listen to guitarists that are so truly underground you have never heard of them. And if you have heard of them, I don't like them anymore. Guitarists who are so groundbreaking they've come up with techniques I can't even prano..prenun...pronao... say out loud. And if you discover any of these guitarists, you will be so truly astounded that you'll either want to sell all your gear and take up canasta, or you will be inspired to head back to the woodshed even though you have no chance of ever playing anywhere near as good.... until I declare them COMPLETE & UTTER SHIT because you now know about them. Oh, and don't give me all that whiny old fart "you don't understand because you weren't there", "no one before them was doing", "brought an obscure technique to popular view" BULLSHIT justification that you dinosaurs constantly bring to the table. If these guitarists were so VISIONARY they should have had the foresight to ensure that no other guitar players would be able to surpass their technique

Holy shit! my guts hurt from laughing so loud on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
      To keep with the spirit of this thread...you know what pisses me off? People who complain about dumb shit when most of them are neither willing nor desire to take actions to correct it.
      That's me. I do my best to not to contribute anything to the society.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

EVH, Hendrix, Uli etc. were "nuance" players. Pure chops wise I took notice of all kinds of jazz and fusion cats who smoked the rockers but I love the feel of the rock players. Tapping was done in the 50's, so? Eddie's feel and tone is what still amazes me every day. Uli has a great vibrato and phrasing, I don't care if it's classical influenced or not. Hendrix had a magical touch. He was like Miles Davis. They wanted to do be as primitive as possible, to express the deepest human emotions through their instruments. They lived in a totally different universe where none of us have access to.
        Beck, Clapton, Page and all the others witnessed it. Even when they saw Hendrix just noodling around they acknowlodged that he does something that's impossible for them. It wasn't chops. It was the expressiveness of the notes.
        I thought this is the most impressive playing ever, the notes have such a impact which makes me have chills all over my body, specially when he starts the main solo 04:47. And the notes played during 5:12 to 5:23 have the most magic I've ever heard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXqxXrjoOf0
        Last edited by Endrik; 03-15-2010, 05:55 AM.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          any guitarist that has ever been featured in a guitar mag, or any mag (or pamphlet) for that matter, flat out SUCKS! If a band has succeeded in getting a label to sign them, even their own independent label, then they are SELLOUT DOUCHEBAG FUCKS@!!! They are all shit. My kid sister can play better and she doesn't have any hands. I only listen to guitarists that are so truly underground you have never heard of them. And if you have heard of them, I don't like them anymore. Guitarists who are so groundbreaking they've come up with techniques I can't even prano..prenun...pronao... say out loud. And if you discover any of these guitarists, you will be so truly astounded that you'll either want to sell all your gear and take up canasta, or you will be inspired to head back to the woodshed even though you have no chance of ever playing anywhere near as good.... until I declare them COMPLETE & UTTER SHIT because you now know about them. Oh, and don't give me all that whiny old fart "you don't understand because you weren't there", "no one before them was doing", "brought an obscure technique to popular view" BULLSHIT justification that you dinosaurs constantly bring to the table. If these guitarists were so VISIONARY they should have had the foresight to ensure that no other guitar players would be able to surpass their technique
          Bahahaha, fuckin LOL :ROTF: I salute you, fellow countryman!!!

....as for me, it's simple. Pretty much any elitist fuckbag who acts as though they're somehow superior to everyone else (for pretty much any reason) will be told, in no uncertain terms, to go eat a big bag-o-dicks!

Comment

Originally posted by nafe View Post

....as for me, it's simple. Pretty much any elitist fuckbag who acts as though they're somehow superior to everyone else (for pretty much any reason) will be told, in no uncertain terms, to go eat a big bag-o-dicks!
            I think the same thing... Only I do a MUCH better job of it than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              That's me. I do my best to not to contribute anything to the society.
              Judge smails said "well the world needs ditch diggers, too".

Comment

I rather dig ditches than play fucking GOLF!!!! Talk about an activity for retards. They use that kind of land to chase fuggin' balls.... with their stupid fucking pants and hats. Talk about doin' nothing to the society.

Comment

Originally posted by nafe View Post

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  I think the same thing... Only I do a MUCH better job of it than anyone else.

are you reffering to eating a bag o dicks?
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

My two cents:

Page is sloppy, but Zep is important in the overall development of rock and roll.

The Beatles early material is throwaway bubblegum pop rock. Mid and late period stuff was groundbreaking and influenced thousands of other bands. It's okay if you don't like the music, but you have to respect the impact they had on popular music.

Today's country is no better than N*Sync/Britney Spears manufactured crap. Old country, while I don't like listening to it, I at least repect it.

Rap is in the same boat. 70s/80s/early 90s rap was fun to listen to and had a huge importance in urban culture. Today's rap is manufactured crap made to help 13 year-old boys rebel against their parents.

I also don't own any Fenders or Gibsons, but I would if they were priced more reasonably.
                    Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      and no one is so stupid as to only be able to play "leads", which are solos, and not be able to play rhythm.
                      It took Kirk Hammett almost 10 years to learn that. :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                        are you reffering to eating a bag o dicks?
                        Only if there's plenty of barbecue sauce!

Comment

• I'd like to answer the original question posed in the title of this thread, if I may.

My answer is no.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            I rather dig ditches than play fucking GOLF!!!! Talk about an activity for retards. They use that kind of land to chase fuggin' balls.... with their stupid fucking pants and hats. Talk about doin' nothing to the society.

"Golf, for people to lazy to play with marbles"
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• I'm not a fan of golf, but i understand it, it's for people who want to be away from their wives or husbands for 6 hours at a time or so.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                                I'm not a fan of golf, but i understand it, it's for people who want to be away from their wives or husbands for 6 hours at a time or so.
                                Tommy, you need to be in charge of shit. I mean it. You see the real world others refuse to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X