Any gun nuts in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
    I'm gonna guess it's some 3-way meeting between "coke", "cock" and the sound of hocking a loogie! Might be hard to render it in written form....
    :ROTF:

How about we all just stick to HK?

Comment

lerxstcat is pretty much right actually. :think:
      since some of the german phonemes to "ch" have no pendant in english, "hocking a loogie" will be as close as it gets.
      you'd best start out with the "co" like in cock and hock a loogie right behind.
      or you stick with H&K, just in case a german wise guy is around.

didn't we agree lately I speak english like a robot, ron?
      opportunities like this are really rare, I need that!! :ROTF:
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Actually one of the hardest words I've had pronouncing is simple "Hallo"
        I dunno why but I've always had real trouble making it sound German. Every time I say it, it sounds completely different
        But now I've gotten a bit better, let's say 2 or 3 times out of 5 I get it right, depends of the day.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Maybe it's because I live in a german part of the U.S., but I've never had problems with German pronunciation.

Koch = co-raise the back of your tongue up to the roof of your mouth and exhale.

Although I think the further north you go in Germany, the more loogie-ish the sound becomes.
          Scott

Comment

I think it just comes naturally to you
            My country is heavily German influenced, since the crusade wars the German aristocrats have had a lot of importance over here, the Baltic Germans during the New Age were leading persons in science, culture, politics etc. A lot of the local names were Germanized, the language was widely learned and many schools even today are focused on German philology. I just don't "click" with the language very well. Same thing with Russian, I studied it in school for 8 years, 40% of people in my city are Russians yet I barely speak it, I can read it, I understand it a bit, but I only can speak it when it comes to swearing
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

This went from a thread about the appreciation of firearms, to the pronunciation of "Koch".

C'mon guys, back on track...

Comment

See, my point exactly. Thats why they went to H&K, cause kept leading to heavy debates on how to pronounce Koch. Im gonna stick with the pronounciation "cock" cause Im immature and find it amusing. Now, back to guns. Whats everyones favorite calibur, #1 for me would be .45 acp, #2 would be 9mm.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Can't say what's really my favorite caliber but the 9 inch vibrato I gave as a birthday present turned out to be a hit.

Comment

Favorite calibers:

.357 Sig = pistols

.300 WSM = rifles

Comment

Working...
                    X