No announcement yet.

Any gun nuts in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might also want to reconsider openly telling the internet that you know someone who possesses multiple full-auto weapons. Unless that Ma Duece was registered as a machine gun prior to 1986, it's HIGHLY illegal. Also, the Mini-14 is a semi-auto only .223 rifle...unless he either purchased the parts to make it select fire (manufacturing a machine gun...hope he pays his SOT class!) or modified the gas regulator to function fully automatic (once again...manufacturing a machine gun) and then has the weapon registered as such, it's illegal.

Just giving you a heads up. Only reason I mention it is because the ATF/FBI do take stuff like internet forums VERY seriously and they will come down on those in violation of the NFA. You're talking a $250,000 charge per violation.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
      Wasn't the Colt 1911 .45 ACP the military sidearm for the US until the late 70s or early 80s when they went to 9mm Berettas? I'm no expert but I remember it being big news when they changed over.
      Yup

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
        You might also want to reconsider openly telling the internet that you know someone who possesses multiple full-auto weapons. Unless that Ma Duece was registered as a machine gun prior to 1986, it's HIGHLY illegal. Also, the Mini-14 is a semi-auto only .223 rifle...unless he either purchased the parts to make it select fire (manufacturing a machine gun...hope he pays his SOT class!) or modified the gas regulator to function fully automatic (once again...manufacturing a machine gun) and then has the weapon registered as such, it's illegal.

Just giving you a heads up. Only reason I mention it is because the ATF/FBI do take stuff like internet forums VERY seriously and they will come down on those in violation of the NFA. You're talking a $250,000 charge per violation.
        They are all registered, some of them are worth a good bit of money, but thanks papa for the warning.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Also, I find some of the stipulations of the full-auto permits "gay". You have to ask like 3 months in advance to take the guns out of state.
          Also, regarding the Mini 14, it seems the proper number would be something like ACC556 I believe.
          Last edited by Twitch; 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Whatever the hell this actually is. Its very similar if not identical to this one.

Comment

I'm curious what US issued 9mm pistol was used in WWII. Enlighten me.
              side arm for us troops in the war was a 45 1911. Also a favorite of competition shooters, the 1911 45 acp pistol is one of the most popular hand-guns.

The 1911 was abandoned by the United States, as a result of their unwillingness to tell the UN and NATO to eat a big fat one, so they would easily procure rounds in the field.

IIRC Baretta is the main manufacturer of the M9 service pistol. The requirements were something reliable, easy to tear down/put together, high capacity and 9mm luger.

I am not sure of the year (as I think Iw ould have been like 4 or 5 then) but I think it was 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by deneb View Post
                side arm for us troops in the war was a 45 1911. Also a favorite of competition shooters, the 1911 45 acp pistol is one of the most popular hand-guns.

The 1911 was abandoned by the united states, as a result of their unwillingness to tell the un and nato to eat a big fat one, so they would easily procure rounds in the field.

Iirc baretta is the main manufacturer of the m9 service pistol. The requirements were something reliable, easy to tear down/put together, high capacity and 9mm luger.

I am not sure of the year (as i think iw ould have been like 4 or 5 then) but i think it was 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Also, I find some of the stipulations of the full-auto permits "gay". You have to ask like 3 months in advance to take the guns out of state.
                  Also, regarding the Mini 14, it seems the proper number would be something like ACC556 I believe.
                  Yep, the AC556.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
                    The 1911 was abandoned by the United States, as a result of their unwillingness to tell the UN and NATO to eat a big fat one, so they would easily procure rounds in the field.
                    We switched to the Stoner designed M16 because the logic of the Army was that since it was not only a lighter rifle than the M14, it also used lighter ammunition...therefore, we as soldiers could carry more of it. What they didn't take into consideration is over penetration at close ranges (ie 25-150m) and the fact that it would take multiple rounds to drop a target because of this. Therefore, instead of a controlled pair to drop someone, now you're looking at anywhere from 4-8 rounds. And yes, I've seen it take 8 rounds, center mass, of 5.56mm from ~50m to put someone down.

The same logic applied for the switch to the Beretta M9. It's a lightweight pistol and a lightweight round. It's also high capacity even though double stack 1911's do exist, they're also heavy in comparison. Thankfully, I've never had to use one overseas as the only use for a pistol in my application is to transition to if my M4 were to have a malfunction I couldn't correct with immediate action. (SPORTS...the acronym that saves lives...)

Glad to see a large presence of firearm lovers on this site. This thread = win.

Comment

i'm just regular nuts.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

We switched to the Stoner designed M16 because the logic of the Army was that since it was not only a lighter rifle than the M14, it also used lighter ammunition...therefore, we as soldiers could carry more of it. What they didn't take into consideration is over penetration at close ranges (ie 25-150m) and the fact that it would take multiple rounds to drop a target because of this. Therefore, instead of a controlled pair to drop someone, now you're looking at anywhere from 4-8 rounds. And yes, I've seen it take 8 rounds, center mass, of 5.56mm from ~50m to put someone down.

The same logic applied for the switch to the Beretta M9. It's a lightweight pistol and a lightweight round. It's also high capacity even though double stack 1911's do exist, they're also heavy in comparison. Thankfully, I've never had to use one overseas as the only use for a pistol in my application is to transition to if my M4 were to have a malfunction I couldn't correct with immediate action. (SPORTS...the acronym that saves lives...)

Glad to see a large presence of firearm lovers on this site. This thread = win.
                        I think that some sort of gun control is needed, like we should be allowed to go and buy what we want, but I also think if you're a violent criminal, or mentally ill, you shouldn't be able.

I'm in no position to comment on the way that it would work, but there's a way that we can still have our constitutional rights.

The lovely thing that people fail to realize (the really far left) is that if someone is going to kill you, and rape you, how hard is it for that person to commit another crime, and steal a gun from a law enforcement officer?

I personally don't see the need for a weapon I cannot hunt with, that shoots 100 rpm. However, I think that one of those is just as deadly as a magazine fed semi-automatic shotgun, and they are legal.

I only have 4 firearms. 2 were inherited, and 1 is the 1st I bought to see if I even wanted to carry a pistol. A cheap 100 dollar hi-point 9mm. That lead to a Taurus 9mm.

I have 0 desire to hurt anyone, or to ever pull a weapon. I'll tell you what though, I feel sorry for the bad man who comes in and tries to hurt my wife or me.

I think every law-abiding citizen should carry a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
                          I think that some sort of gun control is needed, like we should be allowed to go and buy what we want, but I also think if you're a violent criminal, or mentally ill, you shouldn't be able.

I'm in no position to comment on the way that it would work, but there's a way that we can still have our constitutional rights.

The lovely thing that people fail to realize (the really far left) is that if someone is going to kill you, and rape you, how hard is it for that person to commit another crime, and steal a gun from a law enforcement officer?

I personally don't see the need for a weapon I cannot hunt with, that shoots 100 rpm. However, I think that one of those is just as deadly as a magazine fed semi-automatic shotgun, and they are legal.

I only have 4 firearms. 2 were inherited, and 1 is the 1st I bought to see if I even wanted to carry a pistol. A cheap 100 dollar hi-point 9mm. That lead to a Taurus 9mm.

I have 0 desire to hurt anyone, or to ever pull a weapon. I'll tell you what though, I feel sorry for the bad man who comes in and tries to hurt my wife or me.

I think every law-abiding citizen should carry a weapon.
                          Violent criminals arent allowed, but they are criminals so they buy them or steal them off the street and be damned of the laws. Why doesnt anyone get that??? The only thing gun control does is screw the law abiding.

Comment

where i live, Kennesaw Ga, by law, every home is required to own a gun( although its not inforced). whats the number of break-ins and violent crimes, not many bubba joe billy bob. i'm safe in my home.
                            DK2 EERIE DESS
                            KE3 CUSTOM
                            KELLY PROFESSIONAL
                            KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
                            RR3 PRO
                            BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
                            KRAMER VOYAGER
                            LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
                            TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Originally posted by BRADSTANG View Post
                              where i live, Kennesaw Ga, by law, every home is required to own a gun( although its not inforced). whats the number of break-ins and violent crimes, not many bubba joe billy bob. i'm safe in my home.
                              I'm from Rincon, GA, and it's an unspoken law there that everyone packs. While I was growing up, I don't remember any murders or any serious crime for that matter. It was a very safe place.

Comment

Yes, imagine the crime level if the criminals knew that theres nearly no chance that the average citizen is packing.

Comment

Working...
                                X