shipping amp to germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping amp to germany?

Anyone here ship internationally? Is at a pain? I have a small amp (Boogie head) that I am considering selling to a guy in germany. The last time I sent something through the mail I had a stack of customs forms to deal with and I said never again. I think that was usps. What about UPS, or should I stay away?

just be sure to pack it well!!
    we've all had damaged stuff in our packages already, the idea of shipping a tube head really scares me...

if you want to speed up things for your german customer: clarify clearly on the outside of the pack what exactly it is and what you got for it.
    best is to put a copy of the receipt and/or email exchange along with it.
    the duane guys love it that way.

at least german duane is pretty low-security IMO. they take anything as a proof for a transaction (a paypal receipt, an email, ICQ-log... once I had to login to the forums to print out a few PMs I got from a member...).
    and if you pick it up over here they have a look at what it is (if not stated on the outside of the package) and what it's worth, look up how much to charge you, rob you out and let you go.
    that doesn't prevent the whole show from taking an hour, but anyway, it's fairly easy.

if you got lots of forms to fill out, that's not a fault of destination country I think.
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

It doesn't matter who you use, customs form will need to be filled out.

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
        at least german duane is pretty low-security IMO. they take anything as a proof for a transaction (a paypal receipt, an email, ICQ-log... once I had to login to the forums to print out a few PMs I got from a member...).
        and if you pick it up over here they have a look at what it is (if not stated on the outside of the package) and what it's worth, look up how much to charge you, rob you out and let you go.
        that doesn't prevent the whole show from taking an hour, but anyway, it's fairly easy.
        Same here, that's why when I order from US I usually let the seller put a lower value on the box and send me an extra e-mail saying "Hi, the item costs $10" if it really costs like $300. Fuck the customs. But I do that very rarely as mostly I let them send stuff as a "gift".
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          Same here, that's why when I order from US I usually let the seller put a lower value on the box and send me an extra e-mail saying "Hi, the item costs $10" if it really costs like $300. Fuck the customs. But I do that very rarely as mostly I let them send stuff as a "gift".
          Only problem with this is that if lets say you buy a guitar from the us and it gets damaged on the trip, then i wish you good luck on trying to explain to the insurance company why the $200 guitar suddenly is worth $1.5K. That's always a risk.
          Sending as a gift officially is working here in germany only up until 40 Euros i believe. Over that and you have to pay customs/taxes, even if it's declared as a gift.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
            Only problem with this is that if lets say you buy a guitar from the us and it gets damaged on the trip, then i wish you good luck on trying to explain to the insurance company why the $200 guitar suddenly is worth $1.5K. That's always a risk.
            Sending as a gift officially is working here in germany only up until 40 Euros i believe. Over that and you have to pay customs/taxes, even if it's declared as a gift.

Flo
            yep I know the risk but hey that's me
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
            X