Got a 2009 Challenger RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a 2009 Challenger RT

I picked up a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT 5.7L Hemi Automatic. Love the car. I put a C&L Cold Air Intake. And have a Diablosport Predator Tuner (with DCX Depot Custom Tune) and 180 Degree Thermostat on the way. Looks like a Muscle Car should. Highly recommend anyone pick one up. Now to put on some Headers, a Catback Exhaust.

sweet...congratulations!
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool!

But with the 1970 Challenger in the garage, I don't have room for another

If they came out with Light Burnt Orange like my first one, I might take it.

Did you buy new or used?

How much?

Oh, and don't you hate those plastic rim covers? I didn't believe the guy when I first saw them.

Comment

Huh, never see 'em in white around here!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Cool!

But with the 1970 Challenger in the garage, I don't have room for another

If they came out with Light Burnt Orange like my first one, I might take it.

Did you buy new or used?

How much?

Oh, and don't you hate those plastic rim covers? I didn't believe the guy when I first saw them.
          Got it New on 9/30/09. It was one of their last models on the floor. It went for $38K. I had no intention of buying it. I walked inquiring about a White 2010 RT to order. And this 09 was on the floor. They must of thought I was just trying to get it for low Dollars being the Last Day of the 2009 Sale cars. So they chopped off $5K. This model had all the bells and whistles. I guess thats why it didn't sell. The rims do look cool. And they upcharge for them? I wish they had old school Deep Dish Cragars for these Modern Muscle Cars. Let's see some picks of yours in the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Huh, never see 'em in white around here!
            Yeah, I don't think they made too many White ones in 2009. You can order a white one in 2010. But I think it is a different color white...Snow White or something like that?

Comment

That's a lot of guitars.:idea:
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

heh.. automatic.. pansy

LOVE the look of those challengers .. not a big fan of how muscle cars drive though, but they almost always look excellent
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs View Post
                  Got it New on 9/30/09. It was one of their last models on the floor. It went for $38K. I had no intention of buying it. I walked inquiring about a White 2010 RT to order. And this 09 was on the floor. They must of thought I was just trying to get it for low Dollars being the Last Day of the 2009 Sale cars. So they chopped off $5K. This model had all the bells and whistles. I guess thats why it didn't sell. The rims do look cool. And they upcharge for them? I wish they had old school Deep Dish Cragars for these Modern Muscle Cars. Let's see some picks of yours in the garage?
                  I'm surprised they are still making them. I thought I'd have to find a used one.

I've posted pics on my Challenger before, but my asshole ISP cleaned their drives off and I haven't uploaded again.

It's in the condition I bought it in.

It's white, (after being originally red, then lime green), has a black bumble bee stripe on the ass, and the blacked out RT hood top, and blck vinyl top. Fancy aluminum rims (I'm more of a traditional rim guy). Black interior (originally red as well - a red/red car).

Started life with a slant 6, currently has an unknown 360 from 1971. I've found that these early 360s used 340 block castings, so the cylinder walls are thicker / stronger. I haven't pulled it apart but it runs strong, all cylinders pump 150psi, so I think it's a fairly new rebuild. Body is pretty solid, but needs to be stripped to the metal and redone. Rear end is a 3.45

The bad.

When I bought it, the brakes were questionable. Someone swapped disk for the /6 drums, but didn't do it correctly. I was going to drive it from KY to OH when I moved, so I flushed the radiator. Well, the lower core rotted through, mixing with the tranny fluid cooler. So I had "pink milkshake" running through the radiator, engine, and trans. So I need a new radiator and tranny. Finally, the accellerator linkage needs to be fixed. Still has the /6 linkage, which worked with the Holley, but I've switched to a racing Thermoquad (do your research on moparchat before you flame), and need correct linkage.

The good.

My oldest son is 14 going on 15 next month. Father son time coming up.

Also, my neighbor across the street is a bigger Mopar nut than me. He has a 1971 Challenger Convertable he's putting a massive 500+ in with a manual 5 speed. He build a garage with a lift next to his house. I wish he'd get done with his car so that he can start working on mine
                  Last edited by DonP; 03-16-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Awesome car, sorry about your camera though.

But seriously, I would have gotten the 6 speed.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That's bad ass.
                      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Awesome car, sorry about your camera though.

But seriously, I would have gotten the 6 speed.
                        What can I say ...No Manuals were left on the lot...Remember the days when it cost less to buy a Manual Transmission car? Anyway, got a Diablosport Predator Tuner with Custom Tune on the way. That should bring to life performance off the line a little. (Although a Kenne Bell Supercharger would really do the trick) I live in Tampa, and the stop and go traffic sucks (added lanes going in North Tampa). So I guess I won't be getting Leg Cramps from mashing a clutch all day.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          I'm surprised they are still making them. I thought I'd have to find a used one.

My oldest son is 14 going on 15 next month. Father son time coming up.

Also, my neighbor across the street is a bigger Mopar nut than me. He has a 1971 Challenger Convertable he's putting a massive 500+ in with a manual 5 speed. He build a garage with a lift next to his house. I wish he'd get done with his car so that he can start working on mine
                          A friend across the street with a Lift and Garage. Lucky Bastard. Good luck with the resto. I think my 20 Year old son puts more miles on the RT than me when he is home from college. Good Father and Son Project. I'm sure any time and money invested will only increase the value of you car.

Comment

Are you going to paint a confederate flag on the roof?

And automatic would have been a deal killer for me, not that I would be looking at Chrysler now anyway. If they're still in business in 5 years, I'd be very surprised.
                            Scott

Comment

When I was test driving these around then end of 2008 / early 2009, They seemed plenty fast with the 5.7. The 6.1's were in the showroom, so couldn't try those.

6 speed vs. auto?

I would go 6 speed as well, but the wife would fight tooth and nail against me. She can't drive a stick if it were to save the earth. I have a 1990 Trans Am GTA with a stick, so I'm ok there. But the thing I hate about the new autos - no SLAP STICK! I freaking LOVE the slap stick.

My neighbor converted his from an auto to a 5 speed, but I'll be keeping the slap stick. When I get the new tranny, it will be an "almost" race style with hard shifts (I want to be able to chirp the tires when shifting).

Also, my first Challenger was a built 318, but I DESTROYED everyone (including my wallet for gas money) because of the 4.11 rear end. My buddy had a 65 Mustang, and it could never keep up.

Through the years I've had 3 1970 Challengers and 2 1971 Cudas. I guess I'm picky on the years that I like.

Comment

Working...
                              X